15

The town was less crowd in this time of day. For that she was thankful. Her sensitive ears could not take any more of the rambling and shouts of people around her. They pushed and shoved their way, yelling indecent words to each other, trying to find the best deals. She shook her head. She really could not understand the meaning of it all.

She reached down and tapped her hip. The jingle of coins could be heard, and she smiled. She did not like to keep her money away from her friends, but seeing how they ate at the Akabeko, she would have been broke long ago if she didn't. Sighing, even with her great cooking, they liked to leave the dojo and have some fun in town, it seems. To her, it was a little more often then she would like. She shrugged. Oh well, she was not the one paying for it, so she did not care. She was not paying for the ingredients she cooks, either.

Free to spend her money on what she wanted, she smiled. And why wouldn't she? If she had to cook the food, why would she have to pay for it as well? She didn't see the fairness in it. She did not want to end up broke, and have to walk back to the other town to get more money. But she knew, if they truly needed the money, without a second thought she would let them have hers.

Letting her feet guide her towards her destination, she smiled. She knew this town top to bottom, she was sure she wouldn't get lost, not anymore. Finding herself in the part of the market where they sell women's accessories, she slowed her pace, and glanced at every shop, seeing the salesmen smiling at her as she passed. Turning her head from one counter to the next, her eyes were carefully looking at all the items they were selling. When she found nothing of real value, she would move on to the next store, until something caught her eye.

It was a pair of sliver wrist guards. They were sitting beside sliver hooped ankle bracelets, and a long sliver chained Necklace. Were they part of a set? They looked beautiful. Were they hand made? Her eyes sparkled with joy. This is exactly what she was looking for! The man behind the counter smiled at her.

"You find something you like?" She nodded and he just laughed. "I am surprised you find them appealing." He paused. "My wife--" He started to tell a story. "Makes everything you see in front of you by hand. She travels the world looking for inspiration. She got the idea to make these. She found them quite popular in the Far East, were the sun was high, and the land was nothing but sand." He sighed. "But it seems no one here likes this type of jewelry. She only made one set, and everyone just passes by it, not giving it a second glace. It's a pity, really." He sounded quite heartbroken.

"Well, I don't see why. These are beautiful pieces of art work, and I would gladly pay for them." She told him, smiling. His eyes lit up and quickly started to praise her. She laughed. "I should be the one thanking you-- For letting me buy such wonderful jewelry." She complimented.

"I'm sure my wife would be very happy to hear that." He smiled.

They continued to talk while he placed the pieces into a bag. She smiled and paid him in full, with a little extra. He was over joyed and started to thank her, bowing in praise. She laughed, and just waved goodbye to him. She decided that even though it cost her ¾ of her money, she was happy to receive these beautiful gifts.

She then noticed she spent too much time in the market. The streets were more crowded then before, and she huffed. Her ears did not like all the commotion. It seems she would have to deal with it for now, until she squeezed herself free. It was noon, and that means many people would be rushing in, trying to get what they could-- Something small and cute caught her attention, breaking her thoughts. She stopped in her tracks, and stared at the tiny thing. A large smile graced her face and her eyes lit up with glee.

"Miss? I would like to buy this." She spoke to the woman behind the counter.

She sighed, and laid down on the grass. It took forever, but she was finally able to pry herself from the mob of sweat and B.O, and was able to rest near the river. She was close to the bridge, but she did not want to go back to the dojo, not right now. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, delighted the horrible smell was no longer clogging her nose. She was now able to think. Feeling a small bite on her cheek, she growled, slapping the offending bug away from her jowl, and she looked down at her hand. Her eyes widened and she quickly sat up.