36

Kenshin was kneeling, using his sword to hold him steady. He was breathing heavily, and his body was aching. He ignored the pain, and stared at the man before him. Shishio. He was truly a strong opponent. He just attacked him with the Kuzu Ryu Sen, yet, it looked as if it didn't even faze him. Kenshin grunted as he lifted himself up into standing position. It seems he has no choice, he must use his final move.

"This is the most amusing battle I've had in some time. I haven't had this much fun since the Revolution. But, I do have to go take over a country after this, so I don't have any more time to play around." Shishio said.

"It wasn't fun, but I am honestly amazed by your level of power." Kenshin confessed. "However, Shishio, since you're so worried about the time, you should remember that the time of manslayers has long since ended; That it has. " He told him.

"It won't end, as long as I wield the Mugenjin."

"It ended when I took up this reverse-blade sword." He placed his hand on the hilt.

"Now--"

"We fight!" They then charged each other, unleashing their most powerful move.

Kenshin braced himself with his left foot, using the final move of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style, the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. But Shishio saw it coming, and parried his attack, then raised his sword up to blast him with his own strength. Kenshin clamped his jaw tight, as he twisted around, showing the true power of the finial move. A mini vortex was created, using the air around them, pulling Shishio into Kenshin as he twisted around, and putting all his weight onto his next swing. He hit the man in the rubs, sending him flying into the air. Shishio landed on the ground with a sickening thud, and Kenshin collapsed, but braced himself with his sword. It was over. He sighed, he did it.

A hysterical laughter boomed into the area, and Kenshin looked up to see the man standing before him, hunched over, sword still in hand. His eyes widened, how was he still standing?!

"Weak. Weak. You are all weak. Only the strong survive, and the weak perish." Shishio rasped out. He tilted his head up into the air, and laughed loudly at his own insanity. Kenshin grunted, and stood up one more time. How many times must I hit him before he gives up?! Kenshin took deep breaths, and tried to calm his body, hoping it will last just a bit longer.

Suddenly Shishio's red eyes started to glow, and he lifted his sword into the air, purple flames surrounded it. Kenshin's eyes widened. He has never seen that attack before. Then, before Kenshin's eyes, the crazed man vanished. He whipped his head around, looking for him. A deep laugh roared into the air, and before Kenshin could react, he was sliced in the back. He hissed in pain, and stumbled forward. What was that?! The grip on his sword tightened. He didn't even sense his presences-- He screamed as he was attacked again, from the side. Then from the front, and he continued to get hit until he collapsed on the ground kneeling.

Kenshin was having trouble breathing, as he used his sword for support. He looked up to see Shishio standing above him, smirking. That man, he-- How did he change the tide of battle in a blink of an eye?! Why was his movements suddenly so mush faster?! Why was it like this?! Why-- His gasped as a sharp pain pierced his body. What--? His started to feel weak, and spots were dotting his vision. He looked at one of the cuts. It wasn't deep, but purple started to slowly seep across his skin. Poison. Hearing Shishio crazy laughter, he looked up.

"Poor Battosai, it looks like I'll have to put you out of your misery." He smirked, and raised his sword into the air.

Kenshin closed his eyes. His body wouldn't move, he was paralyzed. He was going to be killed...