30

"Hey Sesshomaru?" He inclined his head, showing he was listening-- But he is always listening, wasn't he? "What happened to the others?" She asked.

"They all have children, and live happy lives, if that is what you are asking." He told her. She smiled and looked up at the night sky. He always knew just what to say, with lest words possible.

"What do you think of Kenshin?" She asked, looking at him.

"He is acceptable." He told her.

"Acceptable--?" She started to repeat his answer, but then huffed in realization. "You was talking to Totosai about him-- Wasn't you?! That's why you wanted to stay behind, you sneaky dog!" She snorted in objection. He smirked in satisfaction.

"You shouldn't be upset. I only wanted to know about him. Nothing more." He said. She rolled her eyes. There was a long pause before he spoke again. "A man came to Totosai's workshop today. He clams to be one of Shishio's group." Kagome snapped her head up to look at him. "He wanted Totosai to make him a sword." He closed his eyes and smirked as if remembering. "Do not worry, I took care of him." She sighed in relief. "I kept him alive." His words surprised her. Alive? That is unlike him. "The guards quickly arrived, and took him away for questioning. We will have information on Shishio's plans soon enough." He told her.

They were soon wrapped in silence once again, as they were sitting in the highest tree, looking at the stars. She smiled. She should have known. Her master does not kill, unless he has reason to...

"Do you love him?" His question caught her off guard, and she almost fell out of the tree.

"Wa-what!?" She stuttered, and looked at him.

"This human, do you love him?" He asked again, slightly upset he had to repeat himself.

"Well-- I-- uhh I--" She blushed, and stared at the ground below.

"You have stopped shedding tears over my half-brother. You have changed." He stated. "You have changed for the better. Is it because of this man? This, Kenshin?" He asked. She smiled to herself before looking at him.

"Yes." She said. She closed her eyes, and placed her hand over her beating heart. "I feel warm when I think of him and my heart races when I see him smile. I have not felt this way in a long time." She sighed, and opened her eyes back up. He must have seen something held within them, for his own golden orbs widened slightly, before softening. A small smile graced his handsome face. "I love him." She confessed.

She blushed when she realized what she just said to her own master. He chuckled before looking back at the sky.

"I will allow him to court you. For now." He told her. She smiled to herself. He is so protective of her. She sighed, and leaned against him as they both gazed into the blackened night, together.

.-----------------------------------------

It has been several days since Kenshin has started his training. Kagome was sitting on top of the waterfall, watching them from above. Hiko was re-training Kenshin in everything. It seems he has lost much of his skills in 15 years of him being away. But right now Kenshin was laying on the ground, his master sitting on a rock drinking his Sake. He did take that hit pretty hard, he might be down for a while...

"Hey, how long are you going to sleep?" Hiko's deep voice broke her thoughts. "Get up already!" He ordered. Kenshin grunted as he tried to lift himself up, but was having a lot of trouble. He's body must be aching. Kenshin gave up, and his head plopped back down on the ground. "If you're not going to get up, I'll keep remembering things of the past. For Instance..." He started out.

"The last time you wet your bed--" Kenshin was up in a spilt second, staring the man down, his cheeks were red in embarrassment. "It was autumn of your eighth year." He told him. "Or when you were so hungry, you ate a laughing mushroom, and you almost laughed yourself to death. Ah, that brings back memories..."

"Master!" Kenshin yelled.

"Oh, you're up? You can continue to rest if you want." He smirked as he stood up from his seat.

Kagome was bursting with laughter. She started to cry and her sides started to ache. She was pounding the ground beside her trying to stop the sound, but it was no use. She laughed and laughed. Her voice bellowed through out the whole area, but she didn't care.

"Kenshin-- Wet-- WET HIS BED!" She yelled in-between her fits of laughter. "Pshht~~ HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Successor of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style--" Kenshin started to speak. "Hiko Seijuro the Thirteenth." He was talking about his master. "His skills are without a doubt the best. But his personality is twisted--" Hiko objected, by shouting a 'Hey.' "Arrogant." 'Hey.' "Antisocial." 'Hey.' "So bad-mannered that he brings up embarrassing things about other people, that even the person concerned has forgotten." He stated.

"What are you saying?" He asked him. "For days now I've been re-training my stupid apprentice--" Kagome couldn't listen anymore. Her body was trembling from all the laughter, and her throat hurt from over use. It was so hilarious she couldn't even sit up anymore. She was lying down, holding her sides, trying to keep her balance while staying on the crag.

"HA-HA- Kenshin-- Wet his bed-- HA-HA-- And then-- and then-- bad mouthed his master!! HAHAHA!!" Kagome fell over, and off of the cliff, falling into the rapids, and down into the pit below. She was still laughing even while she was falling to her doom...

"HA! KENSHIN WET HIS BED!!!" She shouted as she fell into deep, water filled chasm below...