29

Kenshin silently watched the scene play below him. He was not spying on them, more like, looking out for Kagome's well being, of course. He did not trust that man, he was unknown to Kenshin. Kagome never talked about who he was, or how she knew him, he just knew that he was someone close to her-- so much, that she shed tears over him. Kenshin unconsciously clinched his jaw.

Back against the wall, beside the window, he had a clear view of the two as they sat under one of the trees. All seem to be going fine. They were having conversations, and only Kagome showed any signs of emotion. Sesshomaru didn't show any at all, other then a smirk. Then, Sesshomaru started to speak to her, and Kagome blushed. Kenshin shifted his weight in uneasiness. Why was she blushing? He didn't know, and it made him slightly nervous-- But not as much as what happened next-- Kagome suddenly flung herself into his arms and onto his lap.

Kenshin was shocked to say the least. His heart soared into his throat, and his chest tightened. Why was she hugging him-- Again?!?! And if that didn't make matters worse, he returned the embrace!! He slowly grinded his teeth together and his knuckles turned white. How dare he touch her like that!! If she was upset, she was suppose to run to him, not that man!! Only he was allowed to embrace her in such a way! His eyes hardened while looking at the man who was holding her. He growled and placed his hands over his face. Why does this bother him? Why was he so angry!? Was he-- Was he jealous?!

After a few seconds of deep breathing he cooled down, and was able to lower his hands. The sight before him wasn't any better then before. She fell asleep... In his arms!?!? She should only do that with him!! This was so aggravating! He sighed, trying to calm himself down one more time. He turned and walked over to his futon. He plopped down onto the mattress, and stared at the ceiling. Why does his chest feel so heavy? He closed his eyes, trying to relax. The image of Kagome's smiling face kept repeating into his mind. Why do these strange feelings appear when he is around her? He has never felt like this since...

"Tomoe." He whispered his wife's name. Turning on his side, he body seemed to relax while he was thinking of her. He should not be angry over such a small act as a hug. It was foolish of him to react in such a way. He huffed. Kagome is going to be the death of him; That she is. With that thought, the worried red-head fell asleep.

.-----------------------------------------------

Kenshin sighed as he walked up the path. It seems Totosai was right, and Kagome did know where his master was. She also decided to come along with him. She said she wanted to see the great master who taught him such 'awesome' moves. He was slightly angry about it, until Sesshomaru said he will stay behind for a short while. It seems he wanted to talk to Totosai about something--

"Lick~~!" Kagome slurred as she licked the unguarded man's cheek. Kenshin's eyes widened, before his cheeks flushed.

"Miss Kagome, it would be best if you don't do such strange acts in front of my master; That it is." Kenshin told her.

"If I do that, then I won't have any fun." She whined. "How else am I going to be entertained by an old man while he talks about who knows what. I mean, he must be an old coot like Totosai if he taught you. " Kenshin chuckled. She was in for a big surprise; That she was.

They continued the rest of the walk in silence. Kenshin preferred it that way. Just being in her company relaxed him, but that does not mean he dislikes their conversations, he just wanted sometime to think. He glanced over at Kagome. She had her eyes closed, enjoying herself as well. He smiled and continued forward.

They soon found what they were looking for. He was sitting on a log, overlooking a stone oven. Kagome and him slowly creeped up the man. When he was within striking distance, Kenshin unsheathed his sword and quickly sliced at the man's unguarded back. He jumped high into the air, dodging the attack, before landing behind Kenshin.