35

Kagome shot out of bed, and looked around. She cursed as the light hit her eyes. She over slept! He has no doubt left already. She stood up, and quickly put on her training weights. After she was finished, she opened the window and was about to jump out, until a familiar voice stopped her.

"I have delivered the message." She turned around to see her Master. "You should not chase a lost cause." She sighed.

"I know, but he needs me."

"What you need to do, is wait. Trust him. You can do that much." She thought over his words, and nodded in agreement.

"Alright. But I have to talk to someone. Could you watch over Kenshin for me?" She asked.

"This Sesshomaru is no watch dog." He stated. She giggled at his comment.

"I wouldn't imagine it, My Master." She told him. After a few seconds of silence, he turned around.

"I will contact you if any problems should arise." He informed her.

"Thank you, Sesshomaru." She smiled and bowed as he strolled calmly out of the room.

.------------------------------------------------

Kagome walked up to the hut and sighed. She tapped on the wooden door, and waited. After a few moments she heard grumbling, before the door slid open. She smiled as the handsome man overlooked her small stature. She tugged on the man's white cape, to get his attention.

"Who--" He paused and lowered his gaze. "Kagome." She smiled a goofy smile, and waved to him in greeting. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I-- Umm." She mumbled, and shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Kenshin is fighting Shishio, and I umm--" He sighed.

"All right." He ruffled her hair, and she squeaked in persist. "I'm sure you have something you wish to talk to me about. I'll listen to whatever you have to say." She smiled brightly at him, before leaping forward and wrapping her arms around his wide waist. He knew her well, just like her Master. That thought made her happy.

"You're the greatest Hiko!" He smirked, and his teeth glistened in the sun.

"Of course I am." He chuckled.

"And you're amazing. You have great hair, and your voice is so sexy!"

"Now, now. You should stop before my ego swells bigger then it already is." She stopped, and he rolled his eyes. "I was just kidding, keep the compliments coming. Not often I hear such great things from a fine female like you." He purred and grabbed her chin, staring into her eyes. He did another one of his handsome smirks, and Kagome squealed in delight. "I am the greatest."

"Of course you are! You're an amazing fighter, and you are so smart and--" Kagome continued to stroke his big ego, and he laughed, enjoying every minute of it.

Hiko and Kagome sat on the log, outside his hut. She sighed and looked at the ground nervously.

"I'm sure you didn't come here to admire my lawn." He stated. "What is it you wanted to tell me?"

"What if I told you, demons existed? What would you say?" She asked.

"Demons are all around us in this world. Many men use their power, and status, to corrupt this land." He told her.

"I know that. But I mean like ogres and powerful creatures whose abilities surpass that of humans."

"They are but fairytales." He stated.