17

ShadowFoxMoon- Hey everyone! I'm uploading two chapters today instead of one! Happy Holidays guys!  Enjoy. 

Kagome decided to be lazy today, so she was sitting on her favorite spot, watching Kenshin do all the work. She giggled at the thought. Right now he is doing the laundry, while the children were playing with a beach ball. She sighed and looked at her hand. She placed it to her side, so no one would see, and tested her reflexes. Able to open and close her hand 200 times, in a blink of an eye. She smirked. It seems her training has worked out just fine. She has already increased the weight to 5 tons a piece, seeing she was able to move around freely in this much weight, and she was glad. She was starting to feel like her old self, but to her, 25 tons wasn't proven much of a challenge anymore. So, she was already thinking about making it 7 tons each by the end of the day. But for now, she did not have her training weights on. She thought she would give herself the day off.

She sighed, and looked into the sky. It has been several months since she last seen Myoga. What was taking that Flea Demon so long? Was it really that difficult to pass the barrier between worlds? Or could it be because he found it challenging in his search for Kenshin's Master? She looked back over to Kenshin, and saw him dazed, lost in thought. She frowned, what was he thinking about? He usually doesn't fade out like this. Is he thinking of the past? She shook her head, probably not. She got an idea and smirked. That doesn't mean she can't take advantage of this moment, and have some fun.

She quietly stood up. Like a cat stalking it's pray, she slowly placed one foot in front of the other. When she became within striking distance... She pounced!!

"LICK~~!" Kagome slurred, while placing her wet sloppy tongue against Kenshin's cheek, venting her licking attack on him once again.

"Oro!?" His eyes widened, and was shocked out of his thoughts by the attack. Once out of his daze, his cheeks turned rosy red and he looked at her.

"You should never let your guard down when around me, Kenshin." She warned him, winking.

"I see you have used me as a subject to test your strange attacks; That it is." He smiled at her. He enjoyed the small moments they have together, no mater how strange they were, but he would never tell her that. They both laughed happily, until Kaoru and the doctor walked up to them.

"The kind doctor is going to treat us all to a Beef Hot-pot. Isn't that great Kenshin?" Kaoru informed him.

"Yes. The labor went smoothly, and I thought I would show my happiness and take you all to the Akabeko." Dr. Genzai told them.

"That's great news; That it is." Kenshin smiled. He then took off the band, holding his sleeves up, and placed it inside his shirt.

"You guys have fun." Kagome said, waving. Kenshin turned to her sadly.

"You are not coming Kagome?" Kaoru asked. She shook her head.

"Nah, I'll stay here, you know, protect the fort and all."

"You're such a coward, Kagome. You couldn't protect anything!" Yahiko insulted. She laughed and scratched the back of her head.

"Yeah, I guess your right. But I would like to stay here anyway." She told them.

"Well, more for us then!" Yahiko yelled, and they all cheered and started to walk away. All except for Kenshin.

"Is something the matter, Miss Kagome?" He asked her. Her cheery attitude changed quickly into that of a frown, and looked at him seriously.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that Mr. Kenshin?" She informed him that she noticed his strange behavior, and was slightly worried about it. Even though she did not say it in those words, exactly.

"Ah~!" He laughed and scratched the back of his head nervously. "So you noticed. Nothing gets by your watchful eye." She smirked and quickly, while he had his guard down, she licked his unguarded throat. "Oro?!" He shivered, and then he turned another shade of red.

"I told you, don't let your guard down, Mr. Kenshin." She smirked, and then stuck her tongue out at him playfully. "Now, are you going to tell me what is the matter, or am I going to have to lick you to death?" She warned him of his upcoming torture. His eyes widened at the thought.

"Oh please, Miss Kagome, not that." He begged, waving his arms around in surrender. She grinned in victory. He sighed in defeat, looking at the strange woman. "I was just remembering." He told her "My fights with the Shinsengumi have been surfacing; That it is."

"The Shinsengumi?" Kagome has heard of them, they were quite well known people, and in many history books.

"Yes, we fought many times during the war. Most of our battles came up with a draw; That it did. Both sides losing many men, but neither winning or losing. " Kagome looked away, deep in thought. "You are appalled by this information?"

"No." She said, looking back up at him and smiling. "I'm just surprised you would share so much of your past with me. It makes me very happy." He looked at her, slightly shocked at her words. "Hey!" She gently patted his back. "You should hurry up and catch up with them, or they might eat all the meat!" She grinned at him. He smiled back, before nodding, and walking out of the gate.

pan style='