16

Pulling out the jewelry she just bought, she started to put them onto her body. Why waste time? Might as well try them on. She slipped the solid sliver hoops and wrist guards, over her hands and feet. They snugged into a perfect fit, and she smirked. Standing up, she held the silver looped chain in her hands. Its purpose was to be a necklace, it was very long, and was supposed to hang low and down the chest of the person who wore it. But Kagome had something different planed for this stunning chain. She wrapped it around her waist, it circled her small figure twice before it was able to fit nicely, hugging to her hips. She smiled and snapped it together.

She looked down at herself. It did not look suspicious, and it did not make any noise, so this was perfect for her. Now for the fun part. She sighed and closed her eyes. Pulling out much of her energy, and into the jewelry she adorned. After a second, the accessories sparkled with new life, before she quickly was brought down to the floor, landing on her back. She groaned.

Maybe she put to much weight on them? She questioned. She grunted, hefting her body off of the grassy floor. No, it was not that heavy, she was just caught off guard from the sudden weight. It was a little difficult for her to hold the restraints, but she would manage.

She believed she could handle something light as 1 ton a piece, for a warm up exercise. She sighed. Her body was more out of shape then she thought if 5 tons was hard for her to move around in.

Slowly she walked back to the dojo. On the outside, she did not look any different, except she would faultier every so often. Other then that, she was fine. She had to deal with it. She could not extract her powers from the items, only add. So if she wanted to be released from her training, she would have to physically take the jewelry off. She shrugged. Not minding a little discomfort. It was her way to get back in shape after all. She could not go easy on herself, or the training would not work.

It was already late evening when Kagome arrived at the dojo. She sighed, her body already tired from just the short walk. She pressed her back against the door and looked up at the sky. She did not want to come back, seeing their angry and hungry faces. She flinched. She was in no mood to cook a large meal tonight.

"Welcome back, Miss Kagome. I am glad to see you are safe; That I am." She looked down, and into the eyes of purple. Was he waiting here this whole time? She blushed. "I see you got some jewelry. It looks lovely on you; That it does." Her blush deepened.

"Where are the others?" She tried to change the subject.

"They left for the Akabeko; That they did. It seems they could not wait for your return." He laughed nervously, and scratched the back of his head.

"You did not go with them?" She asked, walking up to him. He was sitting on one of the steps, leading into the dojo area. He shook his head from side to side.

"I wanted to wait for your return; That I did." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

Such a kind man. Her eyes closed half way, in thought. She was sad she could no longer see her friends, yet, she had friends here. Why was she so sad? She should be happier!

"Thank you so much Kenshin. That means more then you think." She spoke softly before bending down and licking his cheek. Showing her appreciation, in her own way.

"Oro!?" His eyes widened and his body went stiff, from shock. She giggled at his funny reaction. He blinked, and a small blush tainted his cheeks.

"You are hungry, yes?" She turned and started to walk away from him. "I will fix us something to eat." She told him. Faltering in her steps, she caught herself on an outer support beam, just in time.