32

Kagome walked out of the carriage with Kenshin and Sesshomaru close behind. Her Master was waiting for them at the bottom of the mountain, and they all were found by the police. They were quickly placed into a carriage, where they were to meet Saito. Kagome thought it was too much of a coincidence, but didn't push it. They were now standing inside of a small meeting room, where Saito stood beside a map, discussing the plan.

"Kyoto Grand Inferno?" Kenshin said. Kagome was having a hard time believing it as well. They were going to light Kyoto on fire, like they planed during the Meiji Revolution?

Kagome sat there, listening to Kenshin's deduction. He quickly figured out it was only a cover up, and he had another plan. One he kept from his closest crew. He was going to make his attack ironic, and charge Tokyo using boats, firing unto the city. The fire in Kyoto was only the first stage. Kagome held down a growl, the plan was so barbaric. Making the people run and panic everywhere was his goal. Kenshin was one of the only people who understood someone like Shishio, and caught onto his plan quickly. For that she was thankful.

"We cannot stop him once he sets sail! We must hurry!" Kenshin said. He ran pass us and to the door, swinging it open.

"So, you're going to leave me behind again?!" An angry yet familiar voice yelled at Kenshin. Next thing we knew, Kenshin was punched in the face and he stumbled backwards. He stared at Sano, obviously in shock. "I won't let you get away this time."

Kagome raised her hand to stop Sesshomaru from beheading Sano. To him, this was an unknown threat that happened to hit a man who he deemed 'Acceptable' and that did not go will with the Demon King. He seemed slightly upset, and he looked at her. She knew that look. 'You dare to stop this Sesshomaru?' She smirked, and mumbled low, so that only he could hear.

"He's a friend. Yet, he is quite hot-headed and charges blindly into things without thinking." He growled slightly.

"Like my half-brother." He stated, already disliking the man even more.

"Why am I here?" Sano repeated Kenshin's question, and caught the red-head as he was falling, his body suddenly losing it's strength. Kagome frowned slightly. It seems he has gained a new power behind his punches. Must be something incredible if he can make even Kenshin's knees give out. "I'm here to help of course." He stated, smirking.

"Don't you mean get in the way?" Saito argued. Sesshomaru smirked at the comment, and Kagome giggled.

"What?!" Sano growled and raised his fist in a challenge. "Anyway, we have no time! We can catch up on things while we run!"

"Can we run all the way to Osaka, moron?" Saito spoke. Kagome giggled again. "We'll go by carriage." He said.

"I will stay here, you know, to protect the fort and all." Kagome told them. She knew her words were slightly ironic, for those were the words she spoke before Saito charged into the dojo. Some protection she was...

They all looked at her. The different expressions she was getting from each of them made her smile. Saito nodded in acknowledgement, quickly accepting. He knew who she was. The others-- They weren't as approving. Sano looked at her like she was crazy, before looking at Sesshomaru-- he's eyes widened, and he backed away, seeing his evil glare focused on him. Kenshin-- He had so many emotions flooding out, he was like an open book.

He looked shocked at first, and then it turned to sadness. Then worry quickly overflowed, covering all other emotions and he frowned. She knew what he was thinking. He did not want her to get hurt again. He was about to object, but she stopped him.

"It will be fine. I have Sesshomaru to back me up. Right Sesshomaru?" She looked up at him, smiling.

"I did not come down to this world, to protect humans from doing idiotic things, like lighting their own kind on fire..." He growled in frustration. "You expect me to--" He looked down at her, and she started to cry. Large drops flowed out of her baby-like eyes, and she sniffled. He sighed, and turned away from her sad expression. "If I must..." She squealed and hugged him around the neck.

"Thank you My Lord!" She smiled at him. "See, Sesshomaru will be with me. Don't worry." She told Kenshin. He didn't looked to convinced, but he sighed, not having any real choice, he allowed her to stay. She cheered and hugged his neck as well, in joy. He blushed and Sano whistled.

"So you two have gotten close uh?" Kenshin and Kagome blushed at his words. "Did you do--" A hardened glare from Sesshomaru, promising death, stopped him from completing that sentence. He gulped, and slowly drifted away from the Demon King to stand beside Kenshin.

Kagome waved goodbye to them, and wished them luck on their mission. They then took off, going to Tokyo, as fast as the carriage could take them.

"Horses are such slow creatures." Sesshomaru stated his opinion.

"You should see the metal carriage in the future." She told him. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow in question. "Yes, Metal Carriages." She repeated. "One Carriage has the power of over 300 horses." She told him. They both turned around and slowly started to walk away.

"Really?" He asked. "I'm intrigued." He stated. She smiled at him, and continued to tell her of the cars in her time, as they slowly walked into the city.