13

Kagome sighed, bored. They just got finished eating dinner, and she was now doing the dishes. It seems she was the one doing most of the house work today. She didn't mind though. It gave her something to do. The others persisted, saying it didn't feel right for her to cook the meal and clean up after them. She argued, and she ended up winning the fight. Like usual. You can only watch Yahiko and Kaoru bicker among themselves so many times before it gets rather droll. So she thought cleaning was a good way to pass the time.

She was left wondering though. Were her fights with Inuyasha like that? To the others, did it seem boring? She then recalled their lazy expressions while watching the two people argue at one another. She sighed. It seems so. Looking down at the clean plate she stared at her reflection. Inuyasha. She could tell her hands were already shaking, thinking of the half demon.

Does she really resemble Kikyo that much? She believed she has changed since then, but she could be wrong. Not seeing him since his choice-- she does not know what he truly thinks of her. She doubted he thought low of her, yet, no amount of training and sweat would change the fact that she was her reincarnation. They were bound by both body, and soul. She could never forget that. She would never forget him.

"Inuyasha..." She whispered. Her eyes fogged over in thought, and she was oblivious to the world around her.

Kenshin was walking along the dojo, to his room, when he heard a loud crash. His head snapped up and swiveled around, facing the direction. Realizing where the sound came from, worry flashed in his purple orbs and he dashed around the corner. Placing his hand on his sword, he was ready for anything. His eyes hardened, and he slid around the next turn, hoping the kind woman was alright.

His eyes quickly scanned the area, but were not expecting the slight that lay before him. Eyes widened slightly, he lowered his hand from his sword. Looking upon the small female. She was standing in front of the sink. Her eyes were fogged over, in thought. Her empty hands were placed in front of her, as if holding something. A large plate was in pieces, on the floor.

He tried to piece together what had happened, but he couldn't believe it. Miss Kagome was a cautious woman; That she was. Not once, in the entire time he has known her, has she let her guard down. Yet here she was, eyes in a daze, blocking every thing and everyone around her out. Not even the sound of the broken plate shocked her out of her musings. What was she thinking about? He shook his head, not wanting to question it.

"Miss Kagome?" He called to her. She did not move. He frowned and walked up to her. "Miss Kagome?" He repeated.

When he got no answer he looked down at her hands. She was trembling. His eyes held worry. He reached up, and grasped one of her hands, trying to calm her. Instantly she gasped, shocked out of her thoughts, and whipped her head around to look at him. He flinched, seeing her eyes widened in slight fear. He quickly recoiled his hand, let go of her wrist. She soon recognized him, and her eyes softened.

"Oh, Kenshin. Its you." Speaking halfheartedly, before sighing. "Is something wrong?" She asked him. He blinked for a few seconds, and then smiled at her.

"It seems you have broken one of Kaoru's favorite plates; That you have." He informed her. She slowly looked down.

"Oh..." She silently bent down, and picked up one of the bigger pieces. He sighed, not liking her sad behavior, and started to help her clean up.

"You should be careful with the pieces Miss Kagome; That you should. The edges are very sharp; That they are." He spoke calmly towards her. When he was met with silence, he frowned. "Miss Kagome?" Speaking her name, he looked up. His eyes widened.

She was staring at the same piece she picked up moments ago. Already in her trance once again. She looked so heartbroken, it made Kenshin's own heart sink. Her once blue, bright orbs were now fogged over, showing just how deeply her thoughts were going. Was she thinking of her past? He sighed. It was the only reason he could come up with for her strange behavior. What exactly in her past would sadden her so? A familiar smell wafted into his nose and he looked down upon her frame.

"Miss Kagome, you are bleeding; That you are." He told her. Worried over the small girl's health. She blinked, before slowly lowering her head, looking at her hands. She removed her right hand, focusing her gaze on her index finger, and just stared at it.

"It seems so..." She whispered, unfazed by the small cut.

Kenshin frowned once again. She was not acting like herself, and he did not like it; That he didn't. She was just watching as the blood seeped out of the wound and slowly trailed down her finger. He glanced at her face, before looking back at the cut. It looks as if she does not care; That it does. He sighed. It was bothering him that she was acting this way. He did not like seeing her so saddened. What ever was in her past must really have bothered her. His chest tightened slightly, looking at the frail female before him. He focused his gaze on the blood once more, before he smiled, getting an idea.

He reached out and took her soft hand, into his. He glanced up, seeing her watch his every move. He smirked and lifted her hand to his face. He placed the wounded finger against his lips. Slowly, he licked the blood away, before placing a soft kiss on the small cut. His purple orbs scanned her face. Her eyes widened slowly, just realizing what happened, before her cheeks took a cheery red tint.

"Do you feel better now, Miss Kagome? I kissed the pain away; That I did." He smiled and let go of her hand. Her blush deepened.

She hurriedly started to gather the pieces, and he chuckled. Only silence was between them, before they both stood, broken plate in hand.

"I'll throw them away; That I will." He told her. "I do not want you getting hurt again; That I don't." He paused, seeing her hesitant. "Unless you wish me to kiss more of your boo-boo's away?" He smirked when she blushed and quickly placed her stack into his hands.

"T-Thank you." She spoke. He smiled and walked away, taking the pieces to the nearby trash bin.

He was glad that his actions affected her. She was no longer sad; That she wasn't. And that made him feel quite happy.

:p>