Kageyama Tobio {Haikyuu!!}

Minor spoilers? Only if you haven’t finished the anime
Slight Oikawa x reader (might make a part 2 for him)

Soulmate AU- The first words your soulmate says to you are written on your wrist

“I’m the real king here”

Those were the words printed on her wrist.

The sentence connecting her to her soulmate.

She knew who the king was.

Kageyama Tobio was the king of the court after all.

She had been watching Kageyama since he was a first year in junior high and she was a second year. It was only after he got his infamous nickname that she fell in love with a boy she’s never spoken to. Since that is how their society worked, a single sentence would connect two people for life. It was guaranteed they would fall in love.

Currently, (Y/N) is a second year studying at Shiratowza, where she planned to follow Tobio when she heard he would apply. She had still shown up to all of the Karasuno games and cheered on his team, even over her own. Which leads us to the Karasuno vs Shiratowza game for the nationals.

Karasuno was going up against Shirtowaza, (Y/N) sat in the space between the cheering sections, wearing her glasses/sunglasses and a mask so she wouldn’t be recognized and counted as a traitor to her school.

There were two other guys sitting in the same section and she wondered if they had the same idea as her, or if they were just on a date since they didn’t look familiar from all the Shirtowaza or Karasuno games she’s been to.

The score was so close (Y/N) couldn’t tell who would win, but she had other important things to worry about. She had promised to herself she would talk to Tobio and tell him they were soulmates after the game. Her anxiety kept building and eventually the ball fell, and she let out a breath of relief.

~Timeskip after match~

(Y/N) slid a note under his water bottle when everyone was busy celebrating. The note simply told him to go behind the building after everything was done with.

--------------------------------POV CHANGE--------------------------------------

I walked outside behind the gym to wait as Kageyama got my note. Soon enough the door creaked open slowly and a handsome blueberry poked his head out. He silently held the note up in a gesture asking if I was the one to write it, to which I nodded my head.

I wanted to say something really sweet to him but as he came closer, my mouth just started moving on its own.

“H-HI MY NAME IS (Y/N) AND I know you’re the king of the court and everything, you probably have girls coming at you from every angle but I just want to tell you-”

“I’m not a king.” Kageyama looked even more upset than usual after I said that but, that’s not the most important detail. That wasn’t supposed to be what he said!

“Wh-what?” I swear my heart was breaking into a million pieces at this very moment.

“I said I’m not a king anymore, easy as that.”

No no no no no no no no no. How could this happen to me. I’m absolutely positive it was him! HE’S MEANT TO BE MY SOULMATE! HE IS THE KING!!!

There was a light chuckle from behind us “I’m the real king here.” My head whipped around so fast I’m surprised my neck didn’t break. My apparent soulmate was a tall young man with wavy brown hair and chocolate eyes behind a pair of glasses, wasn’t he in the middle section near me? He was good looking, but he wasn’t Kageyama.

“Why did it have to be you?” I simply buried my head in my hands and contemplated my entire existence. Unknown to me, his expression immediately went from shocked to confused. I lifted my face from my hands to witness the slight mayhem currently taking place.

“I told you she wouldn’t like you Trashykawa.” A slightly shorter male smirked at the handsome brunette.

“IWA-CHAN! THAT’S MEAN, I’M SURE SHE’LL LOVE ME IN NO TIME! RIGHT, SOULMATE?!”

---------------------------------------------------------

A curious small mandarin orange had heard the whole thing and was currently repeating it to the team parents