Chapter Three

School

It's been a couple weeks since I️ last talked to Karla and found out servando was free. I️ haven't been able to sleep, I'm just afraid. To be honest I️ don't know what I'm afraid of, I'll risk my life for my kids.

I️ mean sure Emma has a right to know who her father is right? It's just what if he tells Emma the truth? That Alex didn't want her. That it took her a long time to actually accept that she was her daughter and that the father was a rapist.

Emma would be destroyed. I️ just don't know what to do anymore. Would she blame me? For not telling her? I️ don't know what to do.

Alex, baby help me out

"Tobs? You there?" Christen said coming into my office at the school where I️ started working at. I️ realize I️ was talking to myself and looked up at Christen.

"Hey, sorry. What's up?" I️ said

"Just stopping by, hows your first week of work.? how are you?" Christen asked.

"Good good, you know just thinking" I️ said.

"About?" Christen asked leaning on the wall.

"My kids" I️ said.

"Are they okay?"

"Yeah, yeah" I️ said nodding my head.

"How's emma?"  She asked.

"Better she's off crutches now, she's been wanting to go back to playing soccer but I️ haven't had time to go take her to try out on a team." I️ said.

"You know, Lauren is a club soccer coach. You should talk to her" she said.

"Lauren?" I️ said looking up at Christen. "I️ haven't seen her in ages. We distance when Alex and I️ moved away."

"Well maybe, You should talk to her" Christen said.

"I️ will"

"Well, I️ gotta get going. Want to Uh go out for lunch Saturday? I️ would love to meet and hang out with your kids." Christen said.

"I'll ask them and I'll tell you" I️ said.

"Cool, I'll see you Around tobs" Christen said and left my office.

~*~
Dinner

"So when can we go see your office at the high school?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, I️ want to go too!" David said.

"Maybe next week." I️ said. "So how was your first week of school"

"Good" David said eating his vegetables.

"Well to be honest, I️ miss seeing Cassius around school" Emma said.

"I️ know but hey you'll see him, in a couple months. We're spending Christmas here this year." I️ said pouring juice in a cup for David.

"Really?" David said. "Everyone?"

"Yeah, syd insists in spending the holidays with our whole family and friends" I️ said.

"Is Christen coming too?" Emma asked.

"I️ uhh I️ don't know." I️ said.

"It's Okay if she does." Emma said. "Mom would have want for you two to be okay."

"Emma, that's enough buddy" I️ said. "But she did mention something about going out to eat. She wants to hang out with you too" I️ said

"Wow She's taking things too fast" Emma mumbled.