Chapter nine

~*~
Months later

It's been 3 months of traveling with christen and attending the World Cup games. It was unbelievable, We had so many amazing adventures and moments together. We traveled alone till Emma and my mother decided to join us half way through the trip so it made it even more memorable. The World Cup games were Amazing, the team even let me train with them once. I missed it so much, it felt like home. I realized something important, I love soccer, I love my country, I love christen, I love my team, I love playing.

Wait what
I love christen?

I do. My feelings started to grow more for her, and i lost a lot in my life in a short period of time. I don't want any second to go by without her knowing that I love her. After the our amazing trip together, I realized I this is what I what, to travel with my lover, to play soccer, to represent my county, to have so many young people look up to me.

I never got to do all that when Alex was around. Alex decided to give up soccer for her child. I mean don't get me wrong, she became one of the top doctors in her class, she succeeded in her own way, and I'm incredibly proud. However we had our dream, our plan, to play together on the national team, to travel to play at the world cups but it never happened.

Perhaps it can? With christen?
The only thing holding me back is Emma.
Funny, Alex gave up everything for her child. To the point where she even gave up on her child. Emma is my world no matter what. She's a part of Alex and our story but like Karla said, that story is over, so what comes after us now is completely different.

However summer always comes to an end.
Once we finally arrived To LA, christen moved in with us, she had some errands to do so she wasn't around much and Emma and I stayed home to rest.

"So you really liked the convention?" I asked Emma.

"Mom you ask me like every 5 minutes, why?"

"You just acted weird when you came back from the convention."

"I was just overwhelmed" Emma said walking up the stairs.

"Emma" I said following her. "What happened"

"I saw my dad over there" she said stopping in front of her bedroom door. "He told me, you made everything up, because you were scared Alex wouldn't love you."

"What?"

"You made up the lie that he raped my mom. You made him get locked up, you caused everything, it's all your fault, I don't have a mother or a dad in my life."

"Emma-" I tried to speak

"Save it Tobin, I don't wanna hear it" she said going into her room.

My heart broke into pieces hearing what Emma said. I texted Karla and asked if she was in LA which thankfully she was.

"Emma, can you go with me somewhere please?" I said knocking on her door.

"I don't want to."

"It will be quick"

"Mom I'm not feeling good, please I just want to be alone." She said through the door.

"Go with me and I'll let you be after that" I said and soon she opened the door and walked to the car. We went to Karla's office, hoping I could convince Emma that I'm not a lair.

"Tobs! Emma!" Karla said hugging up. "My two favorite people, aside form Kelley. What can I help you with?"

"Well Karla um I need Alex's filed."

"Tobs that's confidencial"

"But I have access to it, and I would like to see it right now" I said and Karla looked at us suspiciously and hand me over Alex's file.