Chapter twelve

"I can't believe it's really you" Ana said, she was a coworker of Alex when she worked at the hospital.

"Everyone keeps saying that, I must of been famous huh." Alex said

"Oh Alex you have no idea, have you told her?" Ana asked me.

"No, we just met again last night." i replied

"Tobin! What happened to your hand?" Ana said taking my hand in Hers.

"Oh it's nothing, door slammed my hand" I said looking at how purple and swollen it was.

"She punched Servando" alex said looking at me. "While he was sleeping, he was so defensive. That was a stupid decision tobin."

"Oh you want to talk about stupid mistakes now? How about the time you walked out on your kids and me huh? You had or have cancer and you didn't tell me! Huh?" I said raising my voice.

"Tobs, we had talked about this last time, you can't go around punching Servando." Ana said making me look at her.

"He asked for it" I replied

"He was sleeping!" Alex said again but we ignored her.

" let me get you some bandages and some ice" ana said looking through the drawers for some bandages.

"Thank you ana, but I wanted to bring alex here to get her checked, if the cancer is still there or if it's gone or you know?"

"Well the cancer is gone" Alex said looking at me. "I been telling you that and so has my mother but Your so stubborn you know that? you really don't trust anyone."

"No, I just don't trust you" I replied

"Oh what cause I don't remember who the hell you are?" Alex answered back

"No cause you lied, about everything, and you don't even know who you are so unless you have something useful to say Alex let me take care of you for my daughter." I said snapping back.

"You mean MY daughter, you didn't give birth to her, now did you?" Alex said raising her voice

"You didn't educate her, fight for her, love her, you didn't raise her, now did you?!! " I said raising my voice.

"Woah woah okay Well tell you what, why don't we run some scans and we'll know for sure about the cancer?" Ana said inturpting us.

"Okay ana" Alex said.

I walked towards the door and was about to walk out when ana stopped me.

"You can't blame her for walking away" ana said. "She doesn't know what happened or why she did what she did. She doesn't know. You can't bring up Emma like that okay?"

"She's nothing like the Alex I fell in love with. I mean she has her face and her voice and smell but she's not my Alex. She's mean" I said looking at Alex

"I can hear you two" Alex said laying on the bed.

"Alex is trying and you need to try too, hang in there. Be patient she'll be back to the Alex we know and love okay." ana said before leaving the room.