Chapter Ten

After many weeks of planning Kelley's wedding we finally had gotten everything together. Kelley was getting married in a couple days.

"We need to leave before this week in order to have everything ready" I told Christen, we were both in the kitchen cleaning up since we had just ate dinner.

"Mom" Emma said coming into kitchen. "I need to tell you something." She said pulling my hand like a little kid.

"Okay okay, Were going" I said taking Christen along.

"She said you not me." Christen whispered to me.
Emma sat us down on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Hey Cassius" Christen and I greeted him. "What's going on?"

"Wait right here" Emma said and left the living room while Cassius followed.

"You don't think Emma is going to tell us she's dating Cassius right? I mean she has never sat me down to talk to me. Oh god" I said to christen and then turned around to look at the direction Emma left.

"Tobs, relax. I think Emma knows Cassius is like a brother to her." She said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I mean syd is her godmother, I mean out of everyone out there why Cassius?"

"Tobin she hasn't even told you anything yet, calm down love." Christen laughed

"Okay mom." Emma said coming back with a box. "So Cassius and I were at the park today and I got an interesting phone call."

"From?" I said worried. Emma took a deep breath and gave me the box. I opened the box, once I saw the red color and the name on the shirt, I felt my heart racing faster. The red jersey said Morgan in the back with number 13.

"The USA woman's national soccer team head coach Jill Ellis" Emma shouted

"Wait this is yours?!" I said looking up at Emma. She nod her head and I immediately hugged her. "No freakin way! My daughter! My Emma! My baby! Got called to camp?!"

"YESSS!!" Emma yelled in excitement. "Christen went out and put Alex's last name on with her number from high school"

"You knew?!" I said looking at christen, who was smiling.

"I hope it's okay, I used Alex's last name." Emma said looking at me. "It's not that I don't appreciate you or anything it's just-"

"Hey it's okay. I'm really proud of you. Trust me Alex is proud as well." I said hugging my child. "I can't believe you got called up to the national team love, this is really huge."

After hanging around in the living room, I sent the kids to bed. While christen and I finished cleaning.

"I'm so proud of Emma." I said taking the dirty dishes to the sink.

"We, all are love" Christen said drinking her tea.

"I can't believe you kept that from me. Your supposed to tell me." I said washing the dishes.

"Emma wanted to surprise you." Christen smiles. We finished cleaning and got ready to go to bed. The lights were on in Emma's room so I decided to go check up on her. I walked to her door and heard a familiar voice.