Chapter Fifteen

Tobins POV

"Tobin?" Christen said opening the door "what are you doing here?"

"Hey" I said "I went to your house but your parents live there now and they told me they haven't seen you in 4 months."

"Umm, How did you know I was here?" Christen asked leaning on the door that was half open.

"Zach told me" I said. "Can we talk" I said looking at her.

"I uh it's not a good time right now. You shouldn't have came, look I'll text you when I'm not busy, I have guest over right now" christen said.

"You and Julie can talk later, please can we just talk?" I said looking at her.

"What? How do you know she's here ?" Christen said closing the door a bit more.

"I know" I said looking away from her. I knew the truth, I knew christen had been seeing Julie all this time.

"Tobin-"

"Look can I come in so we can talk?" I said cutting Christen off.

"Julie, I'm going to grab coffee with Tobin. I'll be back later." Christen said then closing the door.

We went to the nearest coffee place, neither of us said anything to eachother. We ordered our coffees and sat down to talk.

"When did you get to Chicago? How's Emma?" Christen said trying to make small talk?

"Tell me Since when have you and her been together?" I asked looking at her.

"What?" Christen asked surprised.

"I know, I know about Julie. That's why you come to Chicago every two months. I know you helped raise her daughter she had with Zach. I know you left with her after Kelley's wedding, and you were with her before the wedding. I know everything" I said looking at my cup of coffee in front of me.

"Tobin I'm so sorry." Christen said holding back her tears. "I was going to tell you, I swear I was but I just couldn't. I didn't want to lose you because I love you."

"I trusted you" I said looking at her. "And you gave me a hard time cause you didn't think I was going to get pass Alex."

"Tobin look, Alex trusted me"

"I'm not here to talk about her" I said

"But you don't get it." Christen said. "It all starts with Alex"

"what do you mean"

"We been over this, Alex looked for me, before she died. She was handing you over to me. She asked me to take care of you, to check up on you. I did, because I didn't know if Kelley was or syd. At that time Julie and I were living together with our daughter. I left them, to come work in California, for a couple months just till you were better. When we saw each other at the store, I told you I was in town doing a favor for someone it was for Alex. Soon we were getting close like how we used to be. I came back every two months to see Julie and every time she told me you were fine and to stay home with her. But I didn't, I kept telling her that you weren't okay and I need to be there for you. But I don't know how and why but I fell in love with you. I started having problems with Julie because what was supposed to be a couple months turned into years, When I tried to tell you the truth I couldn't, I didn't wanna break you when you just had your life again."

"Break me? Do you not know everything that has been thrown at me? How could you possible break me? What I'm I a freaken toy?" I asked

"No Tobin I love you. I do. We just weren't supposed to fall in love, and then YOU asked me to be your wife. I didn't wanna break you so I said yes. I tried for so long to tell you, we can't be together we can't be married because I'm already married to Julie." Christen said