chapter 2- Those 3 words

~Misty's POV~

The boy I had loved for god knows how long. His smile, his laugh, just everything about him makes me go insane. We've been best friends since I can remember. His family and mine are closer than two peas in a pod. I love him, honestly more than he could ever understand. through the schizophriana and panic attacks I would never ever once think of leaving his side. Hell I love him more than I love Irish dance. I love Tj Gaskarth and I'm so scared I'll never get the chance for him to love me back.

~

"Do you wanna go out with me?"

I froze. Literally every bone in my body, every beat of my working organs had been frozen by those seven little words escaping his lips.

"I'll take that as a no?" He asked, frowning. I guess I was quiet for a long time, hinting I would say no.

"I want to say yes so bad, but you know my dad...." I sigh. My dad is Jack Barakat, the lead guitarist for the punk pop band All Time Low. His best friend is Alex Gaskarth, Tj's dad, who happens to be like my uncle. I'm his eldest daughter. My twin brother Shane and I are the oldest kids.

"He doesn't have to know Misty!" Tj blurted out. I frown a little, shaking my head.

"But he'd find out sooner or later Tj! You know we won't be able to keep this a secret for long!" I argue, standing up from the large bed we had been sitting on. He got up right behind me, grabbing my hand once more.

"Misty Rae Barakat, why are you so afraid to date me?" Tj asked softly, just barely a whisper in my ear. I was silent for a long time. That was a damn good question. Why wouldn't I? Sometimes i had to ask myself that question. The more I thought though, the harder the question was to answer. I was hiding behind the fact that my dad wouldn't be happy. I know for a fact that I could date a Gaskarth boy and get away with it. I just didn't know what was stopping me.

"Mist?" He whispered again. This time I jumped, pulling my hand from his grip and heading towards the door.

"You know Tj I've actually gotta help my mom with some stuff today I'll see you later." I told him quickly, hurrying out the door and downstairs.

"Misty!" He yelled running out behind me. I grabbed my skateboard, getting on and skating the few blocks home. I got to my front door in a matter of minutes and hurried up to my room, locking my door. I fall back onto my large queen size bed and close my eyes, slowly catching my breath. I need to get my mind off of this. I pull out my stereo remote, already knowing my Sleeping with Sirens CD, With Ears to See an Eyes to Hesr, is in stereo itself. I hit play and If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn starts. I turn it up as loud as it can go, closing my eyes.

"How the hell did you ever pick me? Honestly." I sing along with the angelic voice of Kellin Quinn.

"I could sing you a song but I don't think words can express your beauty." I can hear someone else singing. I pause my song, looking up and there sat a Tj Gaskarth in the tree by my open window.

"Tj! Get down before you kill yourself!" I tell him, crossing my arms.

"Misty let me in then! Please?!" Tj begged, giving me those huge brown puppy dog eyes I couldn't resist. I sighed, giving in and helping him through the window into my room.

"What do you want Tj?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

"Misty...I just need to talk to you, okay? I need to know what you are honestly thinking about me? As in dating me." He explains. I freeze, not knowing what to say. This boy has me hooked, lined and ready to sink into all my emotions. I look up at him, sighing.

"Fine..." I start to say. "Tj I love you."