Chapter 11- Preceding What Became Our Bitter End

Hey guys

new chapter is FINALLY up!woo

and in this chapter there is a flashback

and in this flashback misty is 4 years old and Tj is 6

just to make sure things are clear

so enjoy the chapter

also, the trailor i made is up as welll and its over in the corner

ye

check it outt

remember that we are trying for the watty awards

so EVERYTHING helps because we need more readers

and more votes and comments

if you can post this in clubs and discussion boards for promotion it would be GREAT!

and i would love you forever (and so would kiera)

vote/comment/promote??

~Hannah 

11 years ago :

I sat on the edge of a bench in the backyard of the barakat residence, swinging my legs back and forth absentmindedly. A small giggle sounded and I glanced up. I saw big blue eyes peeking around the corner of the porch and I beamed. My best friend came all the way around the corner and ran to me with her short legs. She smiled and wrapped her tiny hand around my own.

“C’mon! Our daddy’s just finished the tree house!” She stated excitedly with a grin on her face. I smiled wide and got off the bench, walking with her towards the tree we had started building the tree house in that morning. We reached the tree and I spotted our dads, Alex and Jack, talking. They were sipping some drinks that my daddy said were for adults only. We both climbed the small ladder to the top of the tree where a small treehouse was. There were two beanbags and a bunch of board games all over and a carpet on the floor with some curtains.

“LOOK!” Misty said, demanding for my attention and pointed to a wall with some posters of our dads’ band and his friend’s bands on the walls. I smiled softly up at her.

“That’s awesome, Mist,” I said softly and looked out the window. “C’mon.” I instructed her as I looked down at her. She was much smaller than her due to her being two years younger than me. She gave me a questioning look as I climbed out the window and onto a branch. I looked back over at her and held out my hand to her.

“No, you’re going to fall!” She told me with a nod and a pointed finger.

“No we won’t, just c’mon.” I said with a bright smile even though my two front teeth were missing. Misty looked at me then ran back to the other side of the tree house. She peeked out the window, having to go on her tippy-toes to see over the side. I followed her gaze and saw she was looking at our dads who were still talking and not looking at us. She ran back to me and put her small hand in mine. I pulled her out onto the branch and we both climbed onto the roof of the tree house. I smiled at this. She looked at me and kissed my cheek. My face turned red, making me wipe my cheek with my sleeve. “What was that for??” I said, making a face over at her. She giggled softly and stifled it with her hand.

“Because we’re gonna get married!” She said and nodded, “our mommies were talking about it.” I looked at her wide eyed.

“Married?!” I exclaimed and shook my head. “No no no! Imma be a rockstar like my dad!” I nodded proudly.

“Well your dad got married!” She protested. I rolled my eyes.

“That’s cause he got old.” I gave her a duh look and smiled. “Maybe someday though. I’ll marry you when I’m old, okay?” She giggled and kissed my cheek again.

“Well okay, but when we’re married I'm the boss, like my mommy’s the boss of daddy!” She said and I burst out laughing and shook my head.

“Yeah, okay,” I murmured and leaned back on my elbows when suddenly misty thrusted her pinky in my face.

“Promise! Promise we’ll get married when you’re done being a rockstar!” She demanded as she kept holding her hand infront of my face. I laughed and wrapped my pinky around hers.

“I promise we’ll get married and be together forever.” I said with a grin.

Present time:

I wake in a hospital recovery room with a hand gripping mine tightly. I looked down to see Misty looking at me. I looked at her with worried eyes.

“What happened?” I questions as I swung my legs over the bed and stood. Why was I in a hospital? What was going on? The last thing I remembered was Misty leaving to go into her private performance.

“Y-you had an attack , Tj..” I frowned but shook that off and looked down at her.

“Did you win?” That was all I cared about. This meant the world to her and I needed to know how she did.

“No... I uh got disqualified.. I ran out in the middle of my dance.” My eyes widened and I shook my head in disbelief.

“Why!? This was all you wanted! This was all you’ve been talking about for the past few months!” I stated with a frown and she shrugged.

“You needed me-” I cut her off before she could finish.

“I could have waited.” I sighed and looked down. I kept holding her back, that’s all I ever did. I was no help to her. All she did was help me. Her life wasn't normal to begin with because her dad was so famous but having me as her boyfriend made it even worse. She only ever did things for me and I never did anything to deserve it or anything to return the favor. I sighed softly, I knew what was going to happen.. and I dreaded it, but it had to happen. She had to have a normal life. Where she didn’t have to constantly be worrying about me. One where she could be a teenager and go to parties without worrying that I’m going to have an attack.

I needed to end it.

“Misty,” I choked out the words that I thought would never have to come from my mouth. I had never pictured my future without her. I couldn't be the constant burden to her. I cleared my throat as a tear rolled down my cheek.

“What is it babe?” She said as she put her hand on my cheek, raising my face to look her in the eyes. Those eyes of hers. They always made my day better. They were beautiful, but right now they looked broken, she knew what was going to happen. She was trying to push it aside. I sighed and buried my face in her neck for a hug and held her close.

“I just don't think-” she interrupted me this time.

“Please... Please Tj don’t leave me.” She said in a shaking voice. I sighed softly.

“It’s not gonna work out baby doll.” I kissed her head “I’m so sorry.” Another tear rolled down my cheek but I tried to hold the rest back the best I could. She shook her head in disbelief.

“You said we’d be together forever! You promised me!” She said as tears rolled down her face. She looked up at me and it broke my heart but I tried to stay strong or I would give in. I didn’t want to hold her back forever.

“We were kids Mist, it was just a stupid promise...” I mumbled as I looked down. I wasn’t able to look at her anymore because it broke my heart to much. “I’m sorry Misty...” I whispered and she threw her arms around me in one of our last hugs, or in the sense.

“Please, Tj I’ll do anything please.” She cried.

“You should go...” I whispered and she looked up at me as if I just tore her heart out and stomped on it. That killed me. She stood up straight and squared her shoulders, then walked out of the room. As I watched her through the window she couldn't hold back the tears. She ran down the hall, no doubt to her mom who was in the waiting room, sobbing with her face in her hands. As soon as I was sure she was gone I let down my walls and laid down, crying into my pillow. I just lost the only girl who would ever love me.. but it was for her own good. She could do better and I wanted her to do better. I cried softly until my eyes were too sore and heavy. I drifted into a night of sleep. My dreams were filled with Misty; her smile, her eyes, the way she made me feel, everything. I just hoped that when I woke I realized that me breaking up with her was all a dream. Sadly though, I knew I wouldn’t have such luck.