Chapter 13 - I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight, I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

hey guys

i hope you enjoy this chapter!

we are still trying for the watty awards so PLEASE promote this story and comment and vote and things like that!

alright thats pretty much it!

vote?/comment?/Promote?

~Hannah

I stared at my best friend holding my Misty in his arms and rage filled me. I glared in their direction and instantly pulled Misty into my arms.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” I snapped angrily as Hyde raised his hands in surrender but looked me over carefully

“Tj, I'm her friend it didn't mean anything, but need I remind you that you broke up with her,” he said, his voice was cold. I had never heard him talk to me like that. It was like I kicked his puppy or something. I looked down at Misty who was slowly stepping away from me but my attention quickly turned back to Hyde who shoved me slightly. “You're scaring her!” He snapped at me. i glared more and raised my arms before shoving him back.

“Don't touch me, dick!” I shouted. The room fell quiet from the party and people turned to look at us. Hyde lunged at me, taking me to the ground and punching me in the jaw. I pushed him off violently and pinned him down with my knees on his shoulders and my fist raised to hit him in the face but I was dragged back by my dad and little brother, Eden. I glared at Hyde as I fought against my dad and brothers arms. My mom ran to Hyde and helped him stand. He shot me a glare. I managed to get free of the arms holding me back and looked at Misty who was now hiding behind Shane. Shane sent me a glare that simply told me I was not allowed to talk to Misty. I just ran out of the house and down the block to my house. It was pouring rain and the cold water hit my cheeks, soaking my hair as I splashed my feet against the ground, trying to get to the warmth of my home faster.

I needed to get away from everything; My family, the Barakat’s, the Merrick’s, Hyde, Shane and most of all, Misty. Seeing her in Hyde’s arms like that broke my heart. That’s how I would hold her. That’s how I cradled her when she was sad or angry. I held her to me and i would sing to her and tell her everything would be alright. I reached my house and walked in, being approached my dog, Dalek. I walked past him, kicking off my Vans and running my fingers through my soaking wet hair. I ran up the stairs to my room and waited for Dalek to come in before slamming the door. I walked over to my stereo putting in and turning up my blessthefall CD, Awakening.  I blasted ‘I’m Bad News in the Best Way,’ laying back in the pitch blackness of the room.

Tell me

What did you think when you found me lost

And my hope was fading

Tell me

What did you say to make me feel again

Your voice could take me

Don't let the darkness surround me

Lift me up, I'll let you in

Don't let the darkness surround me

Lift me up, I'll let you in

I laid back with my face buried in a pillow and let sleep take over. I closed my eyes hoping I would be able to sleep peacefully tonight, but I knew I would have no such thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Week Later :

I sighed nervously as I took slow steps up the driveway of the Barakat home. I was scared of many things. I was afraid of rejection, pain and more heartbreak. But I was mostly afraid that my Uncle Jack might be home. I didn’t want him to see me and be angry that I hurt his daughter then ruining his youngest daughter’s birthday party. I sighed and walked up to the door of the big house raising my hand and gently tapped my knuckles against the door frame. It quickly swung open and it was my Auntie Tobie looking up at me since I was much taller than her. She gave me a sad smile and stepped to the side so I could walk in.

“Don't worry, Jack isnt home.. Misty is up in her room, but be warned, she’s been in there since Alice’s party... “ She informed me. I gave a slight nod, glancing at the stairs leading to where her room was.”Oh and Alice is mad at you, so next time you come over you might want to bring her a present or something,” she added quickly and closed the front door. I just nodded again and kicked off my shoes, making my way upstairs to the door of Misty’s room.

Slowly I opened it and I looked around her room. It felt so normal for me to be in here. Her room was plastered with band posters and christmas lights. She had stacks of books on her desk along with her laptop. On top of the desk there was a CD player and a stack of CDs. On her dresser several drawers were hanging open with clothing spilling out. On top there was a family picture of the Barakat's and a picture of her, Hyde and me from when we were younger. There was a framed picture of Shane, Ari and their daughter Ellie. Something was missing though. The picture of me and her from when we first started dating and I went to a Feis with her for the first time. I frowned softly and my eyes focused on her bed where she was laying with the blankets wrapped tightly around her. I could tell by her soft breathing she was asleep, but I needed to talk to her, now. I walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it and placing a hand gently and giving her a soft shake.

“Misty... Mist baby wake up.” I whispered to her. Her eyes opened and she teared up seeing me. She sat up and turned, looking away from me.

“What do you want?” She asked, tears in her voice.

“I wanted to say sorry....for everything.” I stated softly as I leaned over to her but she moved away.

“You don't want to be with me Tj, it's not a big deal. I'm a big girl, I’’ll get over it.” She said as I heard her voice break. I pulled her in my arms.

“No.. I do want to be with you, more than anything.. I want to hold you in my arms and tell you everything is going to be okay. I want to take you on dates and sneak out and do stupid shit. I want to be your boyfriend again...” I whispered in her ear. Her body relaxed against mine as I pulled her into my lap and kissed her cheek. “I should not have left you in the first place. You mean the world to me and I broke a very important promise.” I admitted and she sighed.

“I thought you said it was stupid..” She mumbled but I kissed her hair and she relaxed again.

“It was stupid of me to say that.. but I want to make that promise again, and I  won’t ever break it again.” I pulled a ring from my hoodie pocket and slid it on her finger. She gasped and looked at me like I was a crazy person, which I sort of am but you know... “Calm yourself! It’s a promise ring.” I chuckled, causing her to laugh a little. The laugh I loved.

“Ohhh,” she nodded and looked at the ring. It had a single amethyst in the center and a diamond on each side. She laid her head against me and smiled.

“I love you Tj..” she whispered.

“I love you too baby girl..” I smiled and we laid together in her bed. Hopefully this time I’d finally get things right.