Desert Rose 14; Hostage

A/N: Dedicated to those fans on Polyvore. You guys are amazing and interesting. Also dedicated to my friend Kira. You are awesome as well. Thanks everyone.

"We have to find this Weasley girl." A Scotland yard investigator said to his partner, "The family's in hysterics." Hostage Investigator Humphrey Goldstein was only let on these cases when a wizard or witch was involved. And that was only because his wife was a witch.

"You're telling me." His partner, Louis Pepper, snorted, "The mother almost clobbered me to death."

"You would feel the same way if your child was kidnapped." Humphrey said softly. It made him think of his own four kids at home, close to the fire with their mother Esmeralda.

"I guess. But we can't go into Diagon Alley without magic." Louis pointed out.

"Which is why we're in the Leaky Cauldron to see if anyone came through here." Humphrey replied warily. He'd start going to Diagon Alley next year when his oldest would start at Hogwarts. "The Ministry is taking care of the wizarding side."

"Let...me...go!" Rose argued. She still didn't know who her attacker was but she knew Scorpius was helping them.

"Might as well." The figure next to Scorpius chuckled and the shackles opened.

Rose rubbed her sore wrists and stood on weak legs. "What do you want?"

"To tell you, Rose Weasley, would be counterproductive to my plan. I don't plan on telling you like some sappy muggle movie until necessary." The figure retorted.

Rose raised her wand ready to attack when her assailant blew her through the stone wall, leaving her clutching the floor with one hand. Below, the dark waves crashed against the isolated prison. She would certainly drown, despite being a mediocre swimmer.

Her eyes silently begged Scorpius to help her as he stepped closer and looked down his nose at her.

"Don't expect help."

Scorpius turned away and his attention went to something behind them.

Rose didn't wonder about it too much as she reached into her back pocket to pull out her wand again. The person stepped on her fingers and Rose dropped her wand into the water below. Looked like magic wasn't going to be able to help her situation

"Magic won't help you. Even if you kept it while you fell. There are sharks down there. With a few dementors in case you survived."

For some odd reason Rose's mind rushed to muggle movies. Cut a deal, the red headed teen thought. It could help her.

"What exactly is your plan? I'm going to die therefore I can't tell anyone." Rose spoke, choosing her words carefully.

"Fine. I plan to raise the Dark Lord from the grave once more, using ancient magic. I've been studying it and believe I can do it; as soon as those stupid death eaters get here. They are not proficient." Once the figure spoke to death eaters appeared with their signature black smoke. "Ah, Alecto and Amycus."

Rose gaped as the siblings looked down at her with wicked sneers.

"I'm sure you know of them Rose."

Rose refused to give them any reply that would fuel their delight at watching her struggle.

"A half-blood. What of Harry Potter?" Alecto asked, her beady gaze examining Rose.

"I couldn't obtain Potter's son. He was too....elusive. But I retrieved his niece, who he should come running for since his best mates are her parents."

"Devious." Amycus commented quietly, "The Dark Lord will be pleased with us."

"I can get you Harry Potter." Rose blurted out. "Faster than what your plan is implying."