Chapter Nine: *Getting Dangerously Closer Part Two*

"I know you're not, and may I remind YOU, that if you kill me, I'm pretty sure Tsunade-sama wouldn't give you any information about the Akatsuki, OR help you kill Itachi." I reminded him.

     After that, he slowly released me from his grip, pulled his katana away, and slipped it back to it's sheath. He took a step back and exhaled heavily. "You're lucky I still have a reason to keep you alive." he said.

     I sighed in relief and mentally thanked my teacher for agreeing to have that deal with him. If it weren't for that deal, I'd probably be dead right now. So, I guess I owe her one.

     Is he really that heartless now, that he could even kill his former teammate?

Doesn't he care for us anymore?

Sasuke's POV

     Why?... Why can't I kill her? She's vulnerable, and I can even do so with only one hand just by snapping her neck.

     I can't comprehend, but something inside me just couldn't. It's not even because of what I need from the Hokage. In fact, if I really wanted to, I could just kill her now, then track down the Akatsuki myself and kill Itachi without the aids of others.

      Even I can't understand myself at the moment. I want to avoid her, so that no one would remind me of who I was before I left the village. She's making me remember the bonds I burried a long time ago.

     Why do I feel guilt? I feel guilty for everything I've done to her back then, for knocking her unconsious, for leaving her cold on a bench..and for breaking her heart...

Wait a minute.. (O_o)

     Okay, call me nuts, but I think she's driving me crazy! God damn it, Sakura, I can't stop feeling guilty all of a sudden after trying to kill you!!!

    But now, I guess I need to..."apologize" to her for the peace of my mind, for goodness sake! nothing more, nothing less, and absolutely nothing else!!!

What on Earth is happening to me?!

     We only stood there three feet away, her back still turned against me.

"Uhmm.. Sakura, I-"

"SAKURA-CHAN!!!! TEME!!!!"

     Stupid Naruto, always getting in the way of everything. I sometimes wonder why that demon fox was sealed inside such a loud and irritating ninja like him.

     "Sakura-chan!! Teme!!" he called once again, running through the halls. "Hey! We already heard you the first time!" Sakura yelled out, as he reached the door, he scratched his neck and widely grinned "Hehe. Sorry Sakura-chan." "Fine. But what took you so long?" she asked with her voice changed into a sweet tone.

     'If only you could easily say "I'm sorry" like that, then things would be less "complicated" between you two' a voice in my head lectured me. I just pushed it aside.

     "Nothing. Granny just talked to me about the damage I caused Mr. Yamashiko's house the other day.." he explained "Damage again? Naruto, you better stop leaping from roof to roof from now on, before you push Tsunade-sama's buttons. That's the third time this week!" Sakura said.

     "Probably you're right. Thanks for the advice Sakura-chan!" then he turned his attention to me "Oh! and teme, we must be going right now, but I promise we'll visit you some other day."

    "Hn. Whatever." I answered as they began walking out the door.

     "Okay then. Bye Sweetie, we'd be back in a few days. Don't forget to water the plants and walk the dog while we're gone.." Naruto said with a girly voice. I shot him a death glare. "And teme.." "Yes baka?" I asked "Don't miss us too much." with that he winked and slammed the door.

.........

     Sakura and Naruto began walking home along the streets of Konoha..

     "Naruto?" she started "What is it Sakura-chan?" "Uhm.. are you.. mad at Sasuke-kun?" the pinkette asked "Me? Nah. What about you, do you still.. like him?" "What? me?! Well, the truth is, I don't know. I think I don't." she replied.

     "Good." Naruto stated "Eh? Why is that a good thing Naruto?" "That means he won't be able to break your heart like he did before.." The young kunoichi smiled and hugged him, then whispered "Thank you... Naruto."

     After that, they walked home together and parted ways..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~