Chapter Thirteen: *Let Our Journey Begin!*

"Let's pick up the pace. It would probably take a day or two, the least to get to the Mist. The sooner we get there, the better." Sensei adviced as we were leaping from tree to tree.

   After ten hours, the sun was setting down. The copy-nin stopped on a branch, then jumped off the tree, while me and the others followed his lead.

   "We'll set camp here. Good job guys, tomorrow will only be a boat ride away from our destination." Kakashi-sensei turned to us to find we were still catching our breathes.

   "Sasuke and Sakura, you two gather firewood, while Naruto and I are going to catch some fish.." he ordered.

   "See ya Sakura-chan! Teme!" Naruto exclaimed. "Be back in thirty minutes." sensei added. "What?! Wait, but sensei-" before I could complain, they already left.

This is just great. (-_-)

   I looked at Sasuke-kun who began walking away "Hn. Are you coming or not?" he asked. Well, I guess I have no choice but to follow him.

   I scanned the forest floor and saw not a single branch was lying around. "Hey, Sasuke-kun, where are we suppose to find fire-" I cut my sentence as I turned to him.

   My eyes widen in surprise to see that he already cut a 20-foot tall tree and chopped it into smaller pieces with his katana and carried the pile on his shoulder. "wood..." I only managed to complete my sentence as I was still staring at him, impressed by his speed. He smirked and headed back to the campsite.

~At the Campsite~

   We were the first ones to return. Naruto and Kakashi-sensei are probably having a hard time catching fish.

   In a few moments, I finished setting the firewood and turned to Sasuke-kun who was sitting on a log.

   "Uhm..Sasuke-kun, can you please?" I inquired him, he then stood up, performed some hand signs and blew fire on the wood.

   "Thank you." I stated but again, he sat on the log now with his back turned and gave me a "Hn, whatever." as an answer.

   I sighed and notice he had been avoiding eye contact lately, ever since he tried to kill me the other day. I walked to where he was and sat next to him. He didn't mind though, nor move, he just sat there and looked over a distance. I wonder what's in his head right now?

   I looked up the night sky and saw billions of stars twinkling. I then started to admire how beautiful they are..

Sasuke's POV

I looked at her.

   There she sat right next to me as she gazes at the stars in the night sky. She seems so innocent.

   I still feel guilty after trying to kill her the other day. She never left my mind. I think apologizing to her is the only solution before I literally go crazy for thinking about her all the time. That's why I was lost in my thoughts and argued with myself the whole day whether to do it or not.

   And in the end, I need to get her out of my mind and erase this stupid guilt feeling inside before it gets in the way of my revenge.

   "Uh.. Sakura?" I began. "Yeah?" she asked still gazing at the stars. "Uhm.. about what happened the other day," I trailed off. God, am I really doing this?! "Yeah, so what about it?"

  "I..I..um..s-so-" I stuttered "Sasuke-kun, just spit it out!" now she was looking at me, in her emerald eyes I can clearly see confusion and impatience.

   I sighed and looked away. I suddenly felt a light blush on my cheeks because of the embarassment. Damn it. "I'm sorry." I quickly said. I thought she didn't heard that, due to my barely audible voice I meant to keep, but..

   "It's okay." she murmured. I looked at her direction and I was surprised to see her smiling at me. Does this girl have mental disability?! I tried to kill her, and I almost did, but now, she's just smiling at me, saying 'it's okay'?.. She should even hate me by now.

I smirked and countered, "It was your fault, anyway."

Sakura's POV

   "What the heck! And HOW on Earth did it became my fault?!" I asked raising my voice. "Because." he replied. Okay, one minute he was apologizing to me, now he's blaming me for what happened?! That jerk!

  "Uchiha! you better answer my question before I send you flying to Jupiter!!!!" I threatened, clenching my fist and with a vein popping out of my head.

"Tsk. Because, you're annoying.."

He said what?!?!?!

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.. 'He did NOT just said that! Let's teach him a lesson, shall we?' Inner, for once we agreed on something..

   I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer to me. But, what really pisses me off, is instead of being afraid, he still looks amused!

"TAKE THAT BACK!"

"What if I don't?"

"I promise, I will beat the sh*t out of you!!!"

"You can't."

"And why not?!"

"Hn. You're still weak."

All right, he's gonna get it now!!!!

"Grrrrrrrr... SASUKE!!!!!!!"

   I was about to punch his precious face with one of my chakra powered fist, but unfortunately, a baka interrupted..

  "Sakura-chan!!!! Teme!!! Guess wha...." he cut off his sentence when he saw us five inches away from each others faces, and me still holding his collar.

   It took me a couple more minutes to sync in what is happening. I looked at him straight in the eye, as he gave one of his evil smirks. Then again, I blushed. Realizing how close we were..

~Kyaaa!!!!!! \(>.<)/

   I immediately let go of his shirt, pushed him away and looked at the ground with embarassment.

  "Oh, sorry to disturb you 'love birds'. I didn't mean to, so... just continue what you were doing earlier.." Naruto teased, while giggling. Making me lose my temper again.

"NARUTO!!!!!!!!!"

............

After eating our dinner, we went to our sleeping bags and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~