Chapter Twenty-Seven: *Let It Go...*

You're annoying...

No, I am not.

Basically, your abilities are lower than of Naruto's...

But..

You will only get in my way...

No..

Hn. Because you're still weak...

No I'm not. Damn you Sasuke!

SAKURA..

Huh??

SAKURA.. WAKE UP!

      I rapidly opened my eyes and saw Sasori shaking me "You're just having a nightmare." he said.

     I was sweating and panting for air "Y-Yeah.. I was." He sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. He looked me in the eye and smiled.

'Kyaa!!! His KILLER SMILE! I'm gonna die young!!'  \(~_~)/

      "Maybe you just overslept yourself." he chuckled "Because you slept all afternoon yesterday until night.."

I DID?!?!

      "R-Really?! What time is it?" I asked in disbelief "Around four in the morning, why?" "God! That means I slept for almost twelve hours?!"

      "You're a heavy sleeper then." he laughed "Not funny!" After he stopped laughing he seriously asked, "Why were you screaming the young Uchiha's name, anyway?"

     "U-Uh.. Well, as you said earlier, it was only a nightmare." I responded "But Sakura-chan, nightmares only happen when you recall your most miserable experiences with an object or a person that has a great impact to your emotions. So, care to share them?"

"Um.. It's a long, long story.."

"I'm listening. I also have ears as you can see."

'This guy is good!' (-_-')

       "Fine." I exhaled heavily and sat next to him. "I've known Sasuke since we were six.. He was just this cool, handsome and arrogant boy I always crushed on. He's great at everything, taijutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu, name it!; for that I always noted him as 'my perfect dream boy', the looks, the skills, the intelligence, no doubt that he's my ideal one.

      So, when we became a team, back in the Genin days, along with Naruto and Kakashi-sensei, I was so filled with joy. Having to see him everyday at missions and training, it's a dream come true... Even though he always ignored me and called me weak, that never stopped me from wanting to get his attention.

      But, as the days passed by, I woke up to the reality that, even Sasuke isn't as perfect as he seems to be. He also has his flaws, because deep inside he was a lonely boy that wanted his revenge.. Which only made my feelings for him grow stronger and stronger each day... Because I want him to feel, that he is and will never be alone in this world..

      When he left the village to join Orochimaru for power, I tried to stop him. I don't want him to be eaten up by his hatred. So, I even confessed my feelings for him, hoping it will at least change his mind.

      But his heart is as hard as stone that he threw at my fragile one to make it shatter into a thousand pieces.. He broke my heart.. He said that I only annoy him and got in the way of his revenge. He knocked me out and left me unconscious on a bench that night..

      I'm thankful that he did though.. making me see that all those times, I was only hiding in his and Naruto's shadows.. That I was always behind them, as they moved forward. That all I did was try to impress and look good in front of Sasuke.. It sickened me.

      So, I spent the last two and a half years training under Lady Tsunade; to make myself useful and stronger.. I vowed to myself to prove Sasuke was wrong, I am no longer his fan girl and I will no longer get in his way.."

      I paused for a second and continued, "So, when he made a deal with the Hokage, I again gave myself false hopes.. The feeling, that I thought I burried long ago, for him returned. But when he called me 'annoying' again back in the caves.. It triggered something inside of me to stop hoping and accept the fact: that no matter how hard I try to make myself useful for him, and to prove that I am stronger, he will always see me as a burden and an annnoyance.. But, it's hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone when your heart still does.. It hurts, so bad."

      I was already on the verge of tears, "W-Well besides, I'm not t-that little girl who still believes in happy endings now, am I?.."

     He then hugged me and let me cry in his shoulder as I cannot hold back the tears..

Sasuke...

      "Sakura," he whispered "Happy endings do exist. It's okay.. But, you can't start the next chapter of your life, if you keep re-reading the last one. One day, you will find a man who will love you more than you can even imagine.. Always remember," he then raised my head to make me look up to him.

      "That I will always be here to help you forget about him, okay? It's time to let him go and stop wasting your tears for an idiot who doesn't even deserve it. He's wrong Sakura, you are strong.. So, cheer up and smile." I smiled and nodded.

       Sasori always knows how to make me smile, even for a short period of time, I know I can trust him. He's right again.. it's time to let my feelings for Sasuke go....

.........

      As Sasori was still comforting Sakura, least do they know that Itachi has been watching and listening to their conversation the whole time through the small opening left on the door.

He smirked and thought..

     Poor little Sasuke.. Well, it looks like I don't need to break the bond between him and Sakura anymore.. Because it appears that Sasori is already doing that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~