Chapter Fourty-Five: *Run Away..*

Sasori's POV

Damn it.. He's getting closer..

    The moment I felt the chakra signature of the Uchiha, I knew things were going to turn out bad.

    We were now running in the forest, expertly masking our chakra so that he wouldn't notice and find our exact location.

     I can't let him catch us. Or else he'll take Sakura away from me. I don't care if he will kill me or not, -well, mostly likely that he will, but anyway.. I don't want that baka to break her heart again.

And I just can't lose her..

"Sasori?"

"Hm?"

"Where are we going?"

     Where are we going.. the question I feared she'd ask. Because truthfully, I haven't think of that yet either.

     I glanced at her, while she just gave me a worried look. Her jade gems were sparkling, and her perfectly crafted angelic face glowed as the orange rays of the setting sun struck her figure.

     If you'd ask me, she's as beautiful as a goddess from heaven; If not, maybe even more.

Kami-sama, I now acknowledge you as the greatest artist there will ever be..

"Hello..? Sasori? Puppet to Earth!"

And Haruno Sakura is an evidence.

    "Anywhere, as long as I'm with you, even hell can be called heaven." I answered.

    "S-Sasori-kun! Stop being cheesy will ya?! I'm serious here!" she yelled as a tint of red crept up her cheeks.

But she could be a little more sweet sometimes.. (-_-')

"Three kilometers up ahead is the Hidden Ivory Village, I guess we can temporarily hide there."

     I was about to avert my eyes away from her when I suddenly noticed her huffing. She's tired. You can't blame her, we have been running for about four hours now!

Plus, that Sasuke had been on our trail so we had to speed up.

    I'm so stupid.. I completely forgot that Sakura is a human. I should have known better..

    I quickly stopped. "Hey! What's wrong Sasori-kun?! We better get going before he catches us!" she said. I knew that she recognized that chakra signature too.. She is a medical ninja after all. I smiled.

"I can't sense him anywhere near here.We have distanced far enough. You have to take a break Sakura."

"Are you out of your mind?! He's a freaking S-classed criminal!"

     "So am I.. Listen, if he does catch us, I'll protect you. But for now, that is unlikely to happen with our chakra masked well, and I can't take the risk of you having fatigue again. We lived together for eleven months as civilians, and never even trained within that time period. So just a ten-minute break won't hurt now, would it?" I asked, hoping she knows whats best for her.

     And yet, she pouted, stubbornly crossed her arms and turned around. In her body language, that's a 'Fine. You win.'

"Oh, by the wa-" she tried to tell me something but vanished instead.

"Sakura?!?! ..Damn it!!!"

      I instinctively scanned the surroundings and found a smirking Sasuke bastard holding my beloved cherry blossom up a tree branch.

    She was struggling as his hand covered her mouth and the other wrapped around her slim waist.

"Mind if I take back what's mine, Akatsuki?"

     Crap. What a perfect way to celebrate our eleventh monthsary, don't you think?c

To Be Continued..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~