Chapter Thirty: *Pulling Strings*

The night before the exchange deal..

      "Goodnight Sakura-chan. Sweet dreams.." Sasori said as he kissed my forehead before walking to the door. I don't know what's gotten into me, but...

"Uhm... Sasori-kun?"

"Yes Sakura-chan?"

"C-Can you... ah.. s-sleep here for t-the night?"

      I asked as I quickly hid my face in a pillow from embarrassment.

"Okay then."

'He agreed?!'

      Sasori then sat next to me on the bed and smiled.

'His killer smile again!!!'  \(>o<)/

"Ah, S-Sasori?"

"Sakura-chan, is there any problem?"

      I exhaled heavily and got straight to the point. "Why are you in the Akatsuki? What on Earth pushed you? I mean, you're kind and caring, and the Akatsuki is..."

"I know what you mean."

"So?"

      He sighed and looked me straight in the eye, "Sakura, because I have no choice. I don't have anywhere else to go..

      Both of my parents have been killed when I was just six months old. I grew up with my Granny Chiyo. But even so, it felt like, there is still a part of me missing everytime I see a happy family.

      That's why when Granny Chiyo taught me the art puppetry at the age of three, I thought my loneliness would finally be filled when I made puppets that looked exactly like my parents. But reality finally drowned me that, no matter what I do, or how hard I try, my heart will always feel the cold and emptiness of their disappearance.

      That is why I ran away when I was fifteen, I lived alone. I started to make and collect puppets out of wood.. But after that, I grew fond of making human puppets.. Just then did I began to kidnap more and more people from the Sand village, for my precious puppet collection.. But I wasn't content. I still felt the pain.

      So that is why, one day.. I turned myself into a human puppet, so I could finally feel numb and block all emtions..

      So, when the Akatsuki recruited me, I had no choice but to join. It's not like I could go back to Suna (the Hidden Sand village) anyway after all my sins.." he finished.

       My eyes widen in horror upon hearing the word "human puppets" Is that even possible? Is he serious, or is he just crazy!?!

      "H-Human.. P-Pup..pets?" I shakily whispered and quickly got out off of the bed.

He just nodded in reply..

      But how?? I thought he made his puppets from wood or something?! Kidnapping people? Making them into his own puppets?!?! He's a... murderer, and he just acts like it's a nothing?! It's just so, EVIL.

        He looked at me in shock as I was already shaking in fear...Sasori, why?

"Sakura-chan.."

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~