Two phantom thieves (1/2)

[Suzuki's office]

The secretary poured Conan, Ai, and senior adviser Suzuki a tea, and left the room.

"I haven't seen any policemen here," noted Ai slurping the tea.

"Who needs them? They will only get in the way. Nevertheless, I have allowed inspector Nakamori guard the first ten floors as he was nagging. The helicopters will make sure that slippery thief can't use his hang glider cape." He loudly laughed.

Conan slightly laughed, knowing Suzuki, he had to spend a fortune on not just buy the gem but to make the traps as well.

"So this time it looks like famous Magician under the Moonlight will meet his end," teased Ai.

"Naturally, there is no way he can steal the diamond."

"And, what you have prepared for him?" queried Conan and he tasted his tea.

"Look at this." He put a paper showing only the exhibition room on the table. All of them leaned forward.

Meanwhile, above their heads in the ventilation, Hachi appeared running out of the breath. "Finally..." he covered his mouth, surprised by his voice. Thankfully, it seemed no one noticed him. He carefully watched the room below him.

"The room will be empty, except for the case," Suzuki started to explain "and it will be monitored by cameras with no blind spots."

"But Kid can just hack the system, right?" pointed out Ai the weakness of such security.

"No worries, cameras are divided into independent groups. Each of them has an own central server. The central server then sends the information to the main security room."

"Which means he would have to hack several systems at once to do anything with the transmitted image, right?" asked Conan in childishly manner and voice he uses to mislead his opponents.

"That's right. The floor is covered with weight sensors as well which will close all the exits, trapping him like a rat."

'Didn't he get around this system once?' thought Conan, remembering one such anti-Kid mechanism.

"So once he will enter we will know he is there," commented it Ai once more. "It sure sounds like an impenetrable castle that won't let anyone steal its treasure."

"During the tomorrow's midnight, there will be no one inside."

"And the only one who can enter is our little magician."

"That's right. There is one more trap awaiting him! There is no escape!"

"What trap?" asked Conan after some pondering.

"I can't tell in the case Kid planted here or in my clothes a listening device. This trap is the only thing which wasn't recorded in any material." He casually searched his clothes. "But it will be his end!"

"That's bad, su!" silently shouted Hachi. He was afraid secret trap will cause a setback in their plan. As he was hurriedly leaving, he bumped into the wall of the ventilation causing Conan to look up.

"What's up, Conan?" Suzuki looked in the same direction.

"I just thought I heard something from the ventilation."

"Do you think it's Kid?" Ai stood up and came closer to the opening in the ceiling.

"That's impossible. The ventilation is narrow only a small child could fit in."

"I see."

Suzuki stood up. "I still have some preparation to do, so feel free to look anywhere you want, but don't catch that pesky thief before the reporters can make pictures with me apprehending him to the police!" he again loudly laughed.

[Exhibit room]

'Oh, that old man,' thought Kid. And it was just like Suzuki suspected, Kid did plant listening device in his sleeve. 'Showing off just like usual.' He walked away from the room, taking with him a bag of tools. 'I should get going to prepare my magic.' As he was at the corner, he glimpsed the silver-haired worker looking at the gem.

Looking at him always left him with an uncertain feeling. 'Could he be...?'

[The rooftop – evening]

Kid was hiding in the shadows, adding something inside of a switchboard. He was about to leave when he noticed a movement on the other side of a building. He crouched, carefully observing the figure. The person looked everywhere like it was looking for someone or something.

'Could he be?' Kid looked more from his hideout to see the silver-haired boy ran to the edge of the roof. It was enclosed by a wire fence to prevent any accidents. The boy stopped in front of it and quickly did something before loudly saying:

"Peeing is the best from the height! Maybe I'll make a rainbow," he chuckled.

Kid fell on his butt, unable to react. For him to witness something like that... 'Are you an idiot?!'

"Yosh, back to work!" the boy ran inside.

---------------------

Yo, Joker is just full of jokes :-D I really love those two. It would be great if they could meet in real cross-over like Lupin's one :-)

AMV by: Katie K