Two phantom thieves (2/2)

[Conan and Ai]

"Thinking about something?" asked him Ai as he was silent for the past hour.

"Ah, even if the security system looks perfect, there is always a way how to disable it."

"The cameras are arranged in the independent groups not to mention no blind spots," Ai started to resume the info they got from senior adviser Suzuki. "The weight system can be switched off, but you need three people for it to press buttons at the three entrances to the room."

"Yeah, even if Kid has an accomplice they can't press three buttons at the same time."

"And if he tries blackout, there is a whole backup generator for this floor running in less than 10 seconds. Old man Jirokichi sure has too much money at hand."

"But Kid always managed to steal his target no matter what."

"Despite there being Kid-killer," teased him Ai. "But honestly, what is bothering you?"

"The thing is," he took out Joker's Advance Notice, "I don't believe this is a joke neither a Kid's work."

"Right, he has nothing to gain from the fake note." They stopped in front of the case, and Ai looked once more at the jewel.

The room had big rectangular shape. There were only three doors and no windows as it was in the middle of the floor. Each door was on the different side, making only one of them the closest to the pedestal. The ceiling was almost crawling with security cameras. The floor was covered by big red carpets hiding weight sensors. Conan looked at Suzuki, that was once again looking around to check how the work is progressing.

"So you believe the sender means... huh?" Ai didn't finish her sentence as red tennis ball came rolling to the pedestal. Conan had only a second to tumble Ai on the ground before the ball exploded, leaving confetti everywhere.

"For the old geezer!" Sounded angry voice coming from a small speaker. It was attached to a small parachute that was shot from the ball. "Don't you dare to ignore my Advance Notice! I'll get the treasure before that Kaitou Brat! I'm Kaitou Joker!"

"What was that?!" shouted Suzuki and picked the small device from the ground. It was the prerecorded message. "So there is another pesky thief."

Conan looked at the people around them. One of them had to send the ball here. But with the red carpet on the floor, it was impossible for them to notice such small same colored object with all the work here.

"Hey, Edogawa," Ai whispered to him.

"What is it, Haibara?" He looked at her angry face. "Um, sorry, I thought it was dangerous."

"Don't worry. I'm used to it."

"That's good," he awkwardly smiled.

"But you are going to pay for this," she showed him her ripped skirt. "It was my favorite one."

"Okay," he looked away from her.

"So, did you notice anything?" she switched back to her calm self.

"It has the usual stuff, nothing extraordinary."

"With this, we can conclude there is another Kaitou Kid-wannabe."

Kid in disguise returned and noticed something is happening. He listened to the workers.

"Did you see it?"

"Ah, I even heard there is another thief after the diamond."

"Seriously? Who it is?"

"I think... Poker or something."

'It seems Joker is a real person.' Kid switched his attention from Conan to the silver-haired boy. 'Can he be?'

---------------------

AMV by: Rose Twist