The show's over, folks (2/2)

[Back to the present]

"... and that's what happened..." Hachi again scratched back of his head.

"You mean you gave it to her?!" shouted Joker furiously.

"But! But she looked so sad! And her name is Ai, too."

"The museum floor will be opening next week. It was obviously a lie, Hachi!!" Joker jumped at poor ninja that ran away, and the strange chase could start. Joker was angry, and Hachi was constantly apologizing.

Kid was watching this strange scene with an awkward face. He looked at the TV screen. 'That girl is as resourceful as our great detective.' His nose caught the smell of curry. 'Smells good.' He helped himself and sit at the table, putting his hat next to him.

"Hey, you! Stop eating it! That's my curry!" shouted Joker while hooking his hand onto Hachi's neck, hammering him. Joker released Hachi and returned to his own plate.

"It's so good!" Kid was stuffing his face.

"If you want I can get you a helping to take back."

"That would be so kind of you."

Joker was grinding his teeth. Not just he lost the treasure, but this copy-jerk was eating his curry too. "Get lost already! This is my airship! Get your own!"

"Yes, yes," Kid got up, put his hat back and headed for the exit as he finished his meal. For a second he glimpsed something round, green, and sleepy looking. 'A cat?'

"Mr. Kid," called him Hachi, "here is it!" He gave him the small container.

"Thank you." Kid stopped at the door leading outside.

"But how will you get down?"

Kid smiled. "I'll spread my white wings." With these words, he jumped down. Hachi was at first horrified, but then he saw his cape transformed into a hang glider, carrying him away. Small ninja sighed in relief and returned to the kitchen, where was Joker finishing his meal. He looked calm.

"I'm sorry," apologized Hachi.

"Whatever, it's not like we can go back now." It seemed Joker no longer care for it. "You just have to put more effort into finding the ancient treasure. We can't let that yawning-jerk beat us to it!"

"Hai, su!" Hachi saluted. Then he noticed Joker made his famous, evil grin and chuckled. 'I wonder what he did...'

Then Joker looked horrified, shrieking: "The pseudo-cat! It woke up!" He frantically looked around. "A magnet! A magnet!"

"How could you, Mr. Joker!" Hachi quickly picked up Hosshii, "and I was worried he was ill."

"Don't let it eat more of my treasures!"

----------------------

AMV By: Rose Twist