The show's over, folks (1/2)

[Sky Joker]

"Ahh, that was so cool!" shouted Joker happily. He has yet obtained an awesome treasure, not to mention he has beaten another phantom thief. Since Joker returned, Hachi had a bit strange smile.

"Here is my special Hamburger steak curry."

"Awesome!" Joker dug in hogging the food. "What's up, Hachi?" He noticed he is acting a bit unusual.

"Well, actually..." Hachi scratched the back of his head.

"Not so bad place," said familiar voice and in the door stood Kid.

"Y-You! How did you get here?!" shrieked Joker with curry on his face.

"It wasn't that hard," he shrugged.

"Well, whatever, I have beaten you!" Joker put out Butterfly's Heart out of his jacket.

"You sure?" Kid closed his palm and when he opened it, there was the gem too. Joker blinked a few times before laughing. "What's so..." Kid stopped as the gem inflated itself and burst like a balloon. "What the?!"

"That was my image gum." He chewed a piece of it and created the exact copy of the gem. "With it, I can create anything I want."

Kid was honestly impressed. "But the gem you have," he recovered his poker face, "its true beauty can be seen only in the moonlight."

"What?" This pique Joker's interest as he never heard about it. He came to the window and looked at the diamond that was illuminated by the moonlight. "Uah!" He noticed a small Kid's signature inside of it. The shock was soon replaced with appreciation. "Not bad. You must have switched them, when I knocked you down in the hall, while you pretended to be a guard, right? However, I have still won."

"But neither of us have the real one." Kid shrug, wondering where the real article is.

"Hachi." Joker gestured him to give him the real gem.

"Well, actually..."

The TV has shown UNN and all of them watched it.

"This was heart-pounding and stimulating action! Joker and Kid went head-on in order to obtain Butterfly's Heart! But the results were unexpected! Without further ado, watch this!"

The studio of UNN was switched for actual footage taken in front of the Babylonian Skyscraper.

"So, despite there being two thieves, you managed to protect Butterfly's Heart," noted one reporter.

"There is no way, I would let them do what they want!" laughed Jirokichi, holding the gem in his hand.

"So Kid-killer yet again thwarted Kaitou Kid's heist?" asked another.

"It was just a coincidence, but I have a message for certain nice ninja boy," answered Conan with a smile and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, mister ninja boy, but I lied," he copied Ai's voice quite nicely.

Hachi turned pale, and sweat appeared on his cheeks.

"Hachi~~~" Joker was burning.

"But, but!!" Hachi started to tell what happened once he got the treasure.

[Hachi's memories]

'I mustn't screw up, su!' a ninja assistant looked at both sides. 'Thanks to, Mister Joker, all the guards are after him.' He remembered as he was waiting for him outside of the building covered with his Camouflage technique to get the diamond and escape the building. Once he had it, he entered the ventilation system and traveled down, until he had to get out as the ventilation was divided into separate parts.

'So far, so good,' he looked carefully, avoiding as many cameras as he could while looking for the needed entrance to the ventilation. 'Here it is!' He used the engraved pillar by means of a way to the ventilation grating. After long minutes he finally reached the ground floor.

"Uah," he gasped in relief. "I did it! Mister Joker will be happy." He took the diamond out of his chest pocket and looked at it. "It truly is beautiful, su." He put it back and looked around. The surrounding was like a park providing a lot of hiding places since policemen went after Joker. As he was about to leave, he heard something from the bush near to him.

"W-Who's there?" he prepared his small katana, watching the place carefully. Out of the blue, a small figure ran at him. It was a brown-haired girl running at him with closed eyes. Hachi quickly withdrew his sword and stepped aside. The girl ran and stumbled, falling in the dirt.

"Are you alright?" asked Hachi. The girl was sobbing, she slowly got on her knees and looked at Hachi with teary eyes and dirty face. "Here," he gave her his handkerchief," clean your face."

She didn't take it she only stuttered, "Give it... back... sniff... you thief!" Hachi made a step back. "Give it back!" She cried even more. "I wanna... see it with my... sniff... sister... uwaah..." she cried loudly.

"Please, don't cry!" He tried to comfort her.

"She is all the time in the hospital. She can barely go out. She is a lot ill, but now... she is better. We promised to see Butterfly's Heart tomorrow together... to make a wish..." With every word more and more tears were falling down, turning her cheeks red.

Hachi felt sorry for her. 'What should I do?'

"My... My name is Ai."

"AI?"

"Please, can you return it?" Haibara's eyes looked so big and sad.

-------------

AMV by: Aaditya Gaur