The Circus (1/2)

[103rd floor – Big dance floor]

Joker finally stopped, catching a breath. He looked at his treasure, juggling with it while whistling. He was in a good mood as he taught that Copy-jerk a lesson about being a phantom thief.

"That was awesome!" exclaimed small kid with a glasses.

Joker turned and thought: 'Isn't it?'

The kid came bit closer having a big smile and happiness in its eyes. "You have beaten the bad thief!"

Joker immediately looked proud, if he had Pinocchio's nose, it would be really long right now. "Naturally, he is a just cheap copy-jerk! Someone like him, can't be compared with me."

"Really?" the child made few steps toward him.

"Who knows? Maybe when you grow up a bit, you can be a phantom thief too." Joker playfully stroked Conan's hair while walking away. "See you, I have a job to finish."

"But I want to show you something," Conan turned around, knelt, rotating and then pressing a button on his shoe and sparks appeared. Joker was still walking away but his instinct started tingling.

"Watch out!" shouted Kid, that ran into the hall.

Joker looked back, seeing soccer ball appearing in front of small detective and being kicked in the next second with tremendous strength and speed. The ball aimed at his chest. Joker's face was horrified, in the last second he bend backward making a bridge. The ball hit the opposite wall creating a cobweb of cracks as far as the eye could see.

Kid sighed in relief. He may have a bone to pick with Joker, but he knew too well, how being hit with this Soccer ball from the hell, can be painful. And he still wanted to settle the score himself. Conan made quick side steps having both thieves in his field of vision. Joker sat down, looked at the wall and back at the kid.

"You see? Stop playing at a thief and a detective," suggested Kid. "You have no chance against a great detective," he smirked in Conan's direction who answered with an annoyed look.

"Your trick with restroom wasn't half bad, but I saw better from you." Conan would probably say something more, but he was suddenly upside-down. "Wha-!!"

"That's awesome!" shouted Joker with big sparkly eyes. "How it works? I wanna steal it!"

"You-!" Conan needed only a sec before restoring his composure and took his watch, ready to put Joker to sleep. However, Joker has proven to be better than expected and dodged the needle.

"Hey, hey, that was dangerous. You are full of surprises. Who are you?"

Conan slowly stood up. "Edogawa Conan, a detective."

"Great detective," added amused Kid in a sarcastic tone.

"I don't care. I have stolen the treasure just like I promised." He took it out and shown it to them.

"There they are!" shouted guard and many others appeared behind him.

Both phantom thieves started to run with guards at their tails. Soon it looked like a wacky chase from a cartoon. Joker was running here and there, moving from one floor to another.

"This is worst then with Ali Baba!" shouted Joker frustrated, when he met another group. "So annoying!" he threw smoke cards and took another hallway.

"Fire!" shouted tall man, and two men pressed triggers on their special guns shooting nets. Joker avoided them by jumping at a statue standing along the wall.