The Circus (2/2)

"That's as far as you can run!" reminded him Nakamori.

"And now for the yesterday forecast," replied Joker sarcastically. He was annoyed by this constant chasing to no end. "I can see that." Joker looked over his shoulder.

"Then give up," Nakamori took out handcuffs.

"Who do you take me for? I'm the Phantom Thief, the Miracle Maker! Running from cops is nothing to me!"

"Didn't you just say you have nowhere to run?" reminded him Nakamori.

"Sheesh, if there is no path before me..." He jumped back at the stone railing. "I'll just make one!" Nakamori's face got longer by horrified expression as Joker did back-flip, jumping to his certain death. All policemen ran to the railing.

Joker turned, facing the fast approaching ground, chewed some gum, and blow it to the size of a big balloon. Joker jumped at it, cushioning his fall and safely landed. He thought he is safe, but two policemen ran to him.

"I can't believe one of the thieves is just a kid!"

Joker was silently growling.

"Hey, kid, what do you say? Wanna take a ride in a police car?"

"Yeah, we will turn on the siren for you."

"Ride in a car?" Joker looked happy. "Yes! I wanna ride a car!"

"Wanna pick one?"

"I already know, which one I want." Joker made innocent smile. "Road Joker!" he shouted into his communicator inside of his wristwatch. Soon policemen heard a roar of the engine. A mostly blue car with big KJ on the bonnet slowed down in front of Joker. The thief jumped inside, and a ninja driver stepped on it creating a lot of dust. "Take care!" Joker waved them goodbye and sat down. "Nice timing, Hachi." The ninja boy nodded in an answer. "Let's wrap up this show with a big bang!"

Nakamori was shouting orders to his radio, and countless men were gathering around the main exit Joker was heading to. Hachi stopped in front of the human mass that scared him.

"Mr. Joker! This is bad!"

"No worries," Joker jumped from his seat landing at the boot lit, putting one knee over the other, looking overconfident and arrogant.

Soon appeared Jirokichi. "You little brat!" he gasped. "I'm soo~ putting you behind the bars and in my biography!"

"Pff, can't believe it took you so long to accept me as the greatest phantom thief." Joker looked rather pleased and irritatingly. Young thief waved his hands, and many cards fell on the ground.

"What is this supposed to mean?"

"Being you, I would watch your steps," Joker smiled and threw one such card in the air where it exploded.

"These are bombs?"

In the crowd was standing Kid. 'Oi, oi, isn't it a bit over-kill?' Yet he was curious how is Joker going to run away.If it was him, he would use smoke bomb, but with the car, that opinion is no good. 'So, show me your miracles you are so proud of.'

Joker looked at his wristwatch. "Whoa, it's already been almost one hour since I came here. Time sure flies," he said jokingly and with a big childish smile.

"Did you really think, these cards can keep us at bay?" shouted Jirokichi. "My men have BB guns, net shooters and..." The sharp sound was heard as a real bullet pierced the front tire.

"Mr. Joker, it's a flat!" shrieked Hachi.

Joker slightly snorted and bit his lip.

"... now you can't use that car. So give up."

"Give up? Being in the impossible situation?" Joker was clenching his fists with lowered head. "That's perfect!" His face brightened. "That's why I love being a phantom thief!" He jumped at his feet. "Who will get the treasure? Will I be able to turn the table? It's so exciting!" Joker took a small device from his pocket. Men took aim at him, but no one dared to pull the trigger. Hitting him was one thing, but if he would fall on the bombs, it would create a big accident.

"It's time for the final countdown!" He pressed a small button and on the huge screen above the main gate appeared number three.

All, who saw it, were stunned and most of them scared.

"What do you –?" started Jirokichi.

Two.

Joker's grin was so big and evil.

One.

Kid gulped, and Conan was using his special glasses radar to examine Joker's nearest surrounding.

Bang!

With a loud noise and whistling, the top of Babylonian Skyscraper was lit by numerous fireworks. All heads turned that way, and their eyes reflected the spectacular show.

"Oh, no!" It took Jirokichi several seconds before remembering Joker, but it was too late.

His car was lifted by four balloons and propeller was seen in its exhaust. Joker was waving."It was fun. I'll surely come for another piece of your collection. Au revoir! Welcome to the shining night."

"Shoot!"

The cards on the ground released smoke revealing they were fakes bomb all along and balloons inside of the park were bursting with confetti, firecrackers and other noise things causing quite a havoc.

"Damn it!"

Helicopters tried to follow Joker, but the fireworks were shot below them making pilots to hesitate and blinding them. This gave Joker enough time to fly to his airship Sky Joker, that he hid in an old hangar at the bank of a river. Soon the airship took to the sky, disappearing.

Conan sighed. This time he felt like the fifth wheel as the conflict was more between two phantom thieves.

"So they got away," commented it Ai coming to him.

"Ah."

"It's hard to believe," she looked at the still continuing fireworks. "But he left beautiful sight."

"But Butterfly's Heart has been stolen. If it is returned it was Kid, but if not..."

"Disappointed?" Ai looked at him, "That it wasn't our favorite phantom thief that won?"

"Don't joke," Conan's face looked sour. "I will arrest both of them. And what happened to you?" Conan examined her dirty clothes and face.

"I just tripped..." muttered Ai mysteriously with a light smile.

"Like seriously?" With this, they headed to Jirokichi who was now furious.

--------------------------------

*Joker intentionally says Kid's name the wrong way, it's not a typo ;-)