Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I cannot believe that I am sitting here talking to some strange boy out in the middle of a park, secluded in trees. I let out a sigh and take a deep breath—the sweet cinnamon smell filling the air and easing more of my tension away. We were now sitting underneath the giant maple tree facing each other, his smiling face causing my heart rate to increase every time our eyes connect.

"So, where are you working as a publicist at?" His head tilts to the left and I feel something swell in my chest, choking me, causing a coughing fit to start. He chuckles and pats my back lightly till I am done coughing. I blush at his actions and my idiotic coughing fit.

"Oh yes, I plan to work for, what was it again—I'm sorry, I am not so airheaded. uh it's big-something hmm oh! Bighit! Bighit entertainment! From what I have heard, they employ some awesome music groups. Have you heard of them?" I smile over my goofiness, missing the look of recognition that came over his features.

"Ah-yeah, I've heard of that, you really think they have some awesome music talent?" He looks somewhat happy yet embarrassed, it confused me at first but I just brushed it off.

"Oh yeah, a coworker that is in-charge of helping me with the group I am working with at the company, sent me some music mp3's of their talent. Although I am still trying to remember all of the members names. They had a really interesting name, what was it? Bang-what?" While trying to remember their name, his expression changed.

"Bangtan?" The look in his eyes changed, like he was really excited over something.

"Yea! That's the name, isn't their nickname BTS or something like that? I'm sorry that I am so forgetful today, it's been a little hectic with moving and learning all this new information" I scratch my head, giving him a sheepish grin.

"Its fine, you're new to the country, right? I'll let it slide this time" He gives me a playful wink.

"Are you a singer by the way? Your voice was amazing, did you write that song?" I ask him, curious about the voice that brought me to him.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that" A big goofy smile "My group and I worked together on the song, I guess you can say we are music performers" He looks off to the side, a sudden blush races across his face.

"Wow! Are you guys going to try applying somewhere to become professionals?"

"Uh yeah, guess you could say that" He won't make eye-contact, I start to invade his space a little, trying to look into his eyes. Another unusual move for myself to make, but once again my nosey personality making itself known.

"Well what about applying to my company, your voice is amazing! And I'm sure your other members must also be equally amazing!" A weird look crosses his face once again, going unnoticed by me. Instead I grab his right forearm without thinking in excitement, he looks down at my hand, brining my attention to what I just did. I pull away quickly, retreating back to my spot and look away in embarrassment, a deep blush, covering my face.

"Um...sorry" I look up at him from under my lashes, hoping he wasn't weirded out.

His face was equally red, still staring at the spot on his forearm I grabbed. He breathes in deeply and closes his eyes, then looks at me and smiles. "Its fine, Roselynn" He gives me the square smile again, calming my embarrassment, warming my heart. "You think I can give you a nickname?" He says, looking earnest, my earlier question going unanswered.

"Um sure, actually my friends call me Rose for short if you'd like to use that?"

"Hmm, I don't want to use what others already call you, I want to call you something unique..." He gives a pouty look which quickly morphs into excitment "I know! I'll call you Ro!"

"Ro? Sure, I guess, should I give you a nickname as well?" But what if we never talk after this... the thought saddens me which is odd considering we only just met. V seems to take notice of my sad look and quickly starts to flail around.

"Omo, what's wrong, its fine! You can give me a nickname, or do you not like my nickname, fine, I'll call you Rose! Just—I'm sorry!" His panic makes me start to laugh.

"Oh no I'm sorry, I like the nickname you gave me, its fine, and I just thought that we might not see each other after this...." His expression falls, understanding what made me sad. We sit in silence.

"Wait, we can just exchange numbers, right? this doesn't have to be the end!" he grabs my hand, I normally wouldn't let anyone grab my hand, but his enveloped mine in warmth that it comforted me instead of grossing me out like usual. I look away from our hands and up to his face, he was staring right back with a determined look on his face. I smiled at him, he is very serious at the moment but I can't help but think about how cute he is and it made me happy to know he wanted to stay in contact.

"Well, I guess you're lucky then, I just happened to get my new phone yesterday that works here" I give him a cheeky smile in which he returns, he starts to lean in closer to get a look at my new phone and when he looks up, he stops and stares into my eye. His facial features changed from happy to something serious that makes my heart to spasm and the air around us to tense up. We are staring into each other's eyes as he leans further in and my eyelids start to slide close...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My phone's alarm goes off. I had set that up for earlier to know when I should head home. We pull away from each other and I turn the alarm off.

"I'm sorry, that was my alarm to let me know when to head home..." I really didn't want to head back, but I needed to ready my apartment since my furniture is finally being delivered and I need to make space for the workers to bring it in and set it up.

"I should head back as well... but you still haven't given me a nickname"

"Well I don't want to use others use for you, so how about Tae?" He gives me smile and gives a nod in approval.

We exchange numbers and walked back together to the entrance of the park where we split up and head our separate ways... I did not notice the hat and sunglasses he puts on.

I cannot believe I exchange numbers with a random guy I just met at the park, what is wrong with me? My rational side comes back and I start to chastise myself for acting so out of character, but I can't help but smile as well. I start to hum one of the songs by bts as I head home. Thoughts of Taehyung and getting my apartment settled swirls around in my head.

Exclaimer; this is purely fanfiction, not reality