Chapter 21

CH 21

"Namjoon" all I can do was stare in horror, Lee is also looking pale as he realizes we were overheard.

"I think you need to tell him Rose" Namjoon states again as he enters the doorway and sits down next to me. He grabs one of my hands as tears start to appear once again, he looks over at Lee. "Do you mind if I speak with her? Alone?" Lee just nods quickly and pats my back one last time as he leaves us alone.

"I can't tell him..." I whisper out with eyes full of tears.

"Why? Why can't you tell him?"

"I don't want to ruin his career or your guys'" I look up into his eyes, and he goes quiet at what I say.

"Well, at some point we planned to get married and have kids, so what's the problem with Taehyung starting now?"

I just stare at him, is this really the time to start joking? But looking at his face, I know he is serious.

"I can't force him to marry me?!" I squeak out.

"Why not?! Taehyung is obviously in love with you! All he ever does is talk about Rose this, Rose that! More than anyone he has every talked about! Plus you are carrying his kid!"

"I don't want to marry him just because I-I'm his babymomma!"

"What?! Why shouldn't he marry you? He knocked you up?!" Namjoon and I's voices have raised loudly, not caring who heard at this point.

"I can't do that to him or you guys!" I scream out as I cry.

"Then what do you plan? To never tell him? What about when you start to show?"

"I don't know know Namjoon, but I know if I tell him, it will be the end of his career and the end of mine. I can't not have a job or income when raising a baby"

"But we can support you, and I'm sure it won't be the complete end of his career" but that was the thing. He can never understand what a publicity nightmare it would be and what the effects can be, but I do, and I won't risk it. I had already started to plan something, but I wanted to be able to disappear and I can't let Namjoon know.

"It will be the end of his career, trust me. I can't tell him, please understand." He just breathes out and ruffles his hair.

"Rose, you need to tell him that he's going to be a father"

We hear someone gasp and the doorway creak that causes us both to freeze. Feeling a twist in my gut so deep, I look over Namjoons shoulder and see who I have dreaded to see. His name falls out of my mouth as I feel the air around me buzz alive.

"Tae..."

Namjoon twists around and sees Taehyung. He stares at him silently, then slowly gets up and walks toward him. Grabbing his shoulder, he shakes him slightly.

"You guys need to talk" he looks at him a little longer, then walks past him. He pushes him toward me as a he closes the door. Taehyung just silently stands there staring at me, standing five feet away. My heart is pounding, and I feel sick as I stand up as well and smooth out my crème colored sweater dress over black tights. Walking closer, I grab one of his hands and squeeze.

"Tae..."

He stays silent and is staring into my face.

"Tae..."

"Is it...true?"

I can't speak at first, and instead, I just stare into his eyes. Those eyes, I normally can read what he is feeling in those expressive eyes. But right now, I can't read anything, and the words are getting caught in my throat. So instead of saying anything, I just nod my head slowly. Once I nod my head, Tae closes his eyes tightly and pulls his hand out of mine. He backs away and runs his hands through his hair.

"No,no,no,no,no,no,no" I can feel warmth hit my eyes once again as his words run through me.

He looks up at me and his eyes are hard and red, "no, I am not a father" and turns and runs out of the room. Leaving me standing in the room alone, my knees give out and slump to the floor. Curling into my knees, I cry. I never thought he would say something like that. My decision of not telling him was to protect him, and to protect the relationship we had. Now it was shattered, us, my plan to keep it secret, and now I am left alone. I didn't know what to do next, I don't think I ever knew what to do next besides from never telling Tae the truth. So here I sat, crying my heart out over a relationship that was never an actual relationship.

Bing!

Sniffling, I pull my phone out of my purse. Turning it on, I see a waiting email from a familiar address. Opening it, I see the answer I needed. Getting up, I wipe my face with my sleeve. Pulling out a mirror, I look over my face and try to use cover-up on the blotches from crying.

"Okay Rose, you can do this. This is the next step you were looking for, now take it" nodding and gearing myself up, I finally leave the conference room and head towards my future.

Unedited

Like~Favorite~Follow

Purely Fanfiction