Chapter 18

Ch 18

It has been a few weeks since Tae and I have started our relationship. We had mastered the art of finding time to secretly meet and hiding how we feel around others. Of course, the first day did not go exactly as plan as my very analytical co-worker seemed to have noticed a change.

Flashback*

"Hey Rose..." I hear Lee say from his desk situated in front of mine. Leaning over, I look around my monitor to see his eyes trained on something on my neck.

"Yes?" I ask confused as I feel around my throat to see if there was something on it.

"Did you happen to... I don't know...meet someone?" he says as he observes my face.

"Eh?!" I say loudly, freaking out that he figured out it out already "W-what do you mean?" I say nevoursly.

"Well, you've got something" He points to the left side of my neck "right about there." As he points to a particular spot on himself

"huh?" I ask as I run my hand over the spot he is pointing out to me.

"Oh, just look in a mirror already" he scoffs as he waves his hand dramatically as he goes to sit back in his chair.

Wondering what he was talking about, I rifle through my bag till I find a compact and pop it open. Peering into the mirror, I see the spot Lee was talking about as I look at it in slight anger. Did I or did I not tell him we need to keep our relationship on the downside?! I think as I see the purple hickey on my neck that stands out on my skin like a blaring sign screaming, Look! Look! I am in a secret relationship with a kpop idol I work with! Cause that will go perfectly on my resume. Groaning in frustration as I put some foundation over it to try to cover it up, thinking of how to find Tae alone later to yell at him, which worked out oh so famously as he managed to get himself out of trouble with acting cute, then finding other ways to distract me...

Falshback ends*

Looking at the screen, I check into my slight for tomorrow that will take me back home. Smiling, I turn off the screen's monitor and look around to make sure I have everything I need to bring with me in case I am need is in my bag. Once I am sure I have everything, I stand up and walk around to where Lee is lounging with his phone out instead of working. He looks up at he sees my approach him and gives me a pouty look.

"Waahhh, do you really have to go home this week? Can't you just abandoned everything and come drinking with me this week instead?" I just laugh as I lean over to hug him, pulling away, I just pat his head.

"Awww poor baby, I wish I can, but I have a cute little niece waiting for me at home and a very upset mom and dad who are not happy that I have not contacted them these past few months" We laugh together, then I wave goodbye as I head down the hall to the elevator. I look down at my phone and see a photo of my niece in a turkey costume for her school's thanksgiving turkey trot. Laughing, I put it away as the doors slide open. Riding it down, I think of the packing I still have to do and remember to leave time in the morning to drop my pets with an animal hotel.

Entering my apartment, I set down my purse and kick off my heels. Wondering down the hall, I immediately flop myself onto the couch. I really need to get motivated to finish packing, but lately this week, I have not felt the best and constantly want to sleep. Closing my eyes, I let darkness enter my mind and shortly after I fall asleep.

I feel warmth gently touch my forehead, and hands lightly playing with my hair as the surface beneath me vibrates with a soft melody. Opening my eyes, I smile sleepily into the warm chocolate eyes staring into my own. He stops humming as he pushes the hair away from my face.

"You were out for quite a while..." he says softly, I just grunt in response as I wrap my arms around his torso and squirm forward till my head is in the crook of his neck. He just chuckles at me, and plays with the end of my hair, knowing I don't like talking first thing after waking up.

Deciding that I needed to get up to finish what I put off earlier, I push myself up till I am straddling him, I get up off the couch with the need to pee. Exiting a few minutes later, I look at the time on my watch and see it is near 10pm. Groaning in frustration as my impromptu nap, I head to my bedroom and root around for the last-minute items I need for home. I close the lid of the suitcase, and sit down on the floor to zip it closed, but instead the stupid little piece of metal mocks my tired brain by not cooperating. After a good five minutes, arms reach around me and grip the zipper, and with a swift jerk, the zipper actually closes. The arms then pull me into a solid chest behind me and we sit on the floor a bit in silence.

"Somebody is in an interesting mood today" Tae chuckles into my ear, I just smile and look up at him with a pout.

"I can't help it, I am just so sleepy lately" I whine and snuggle into him.

"Awww my poor girlfriend. Should I sleep over so we can cuddle" I just nod my head which causes him to chuckle once.

"Ro, we need to get ready for bed if you want to cuddle..." Tae says, pushing me to get up as I chose to not move for a few minutes. I feel so useless that I let him help me out by picking my pajamas and sends me to the bathroom where I change. Opening it, he comes in and we stand side-by-side to brush our teeth. Half-lidded I let him lead me to bed and pull me into his arms as I fall into the best night's sleep I have had in ages.

The ringing of my alarm causes my eyes to open in a panic as I fling my arm out to hit snooze on the screen. Once I hit it, I look around and see morning light filtering in. The arms around my waist tighten as Taehyung shoves his face into my neck and sighs. I just laugh and cuddle him to me as I let my eyes drift shut again as I sleep a little more longer.

The alarm goes off this time, and we both groan in annoyance as I slap the alarm again. Looking at the highlighted clock number, I see it is time to wake up and head to the airport. Stroking Tae's puffy morning hair, I wait for him to open his eyes. After a few minutes, one opens, and he looks up at me. Then both snap open as he starts to look upset, confused by that, I am further lost as he cries and hugs me into a vise-like grip.

Struggling to breath, I try to wriggle some as I breath out "Tae, what on earth is the matter? I can't breathe!" I gasp out as he finally releases his hold somewhat.

"I don't want you to leave!!" he cries out dramatically, I just roll my eyes at his silliness. This is not the first time he has done this.

"You know that even if I didn't go, we still wouldn't be able to see each other as you go on tour this week and are busy" I reason as I pat his back, he just nods but does not release me.

I let him do his own thing, till I needed to get up and made us breakfast. He drove his car, so I can drop my babies (kitten and puppy) at the animal hotel where I tried to not cry and then he drove me to the airport where we hugged tightly till the car behind us honked rudely in the waiting lot for departures. I try not to cry as I check my bags and through security until I am on the plane and put on the spotify playlist Tae made on my account where I let the waterworks begin.

I am soundly sleep as the plane lands at the airport and now all I can feel happiness as I rush through customs till I am running into my sister's arms and hugged by my mom that I feel sick suddenly from the smell of the airport. Suddenly I am running to the nearest trashcan, spewing the contents of my stomach when I hear my sister sigh loudly.

"Oh Rose..."

Author: Sorry if it seemed a little rushed but I am literally halfway awake writing this as I am super busy this week being home from school and preparing for thanksgiving and helping my mom with putting up Christmas stuff. Literally going through lights to see if they are working or not is becoming the vain of my existence. Anywho, for those celebrating thanksgiving, hope you have a goof holiday! And for those that do not celebrate it, hope you have an amazing week!!!

Like~Favorite~Follow

Purely Fanfiction