Chapter 24

Ch 24

Author note: So, I realized I may need to clear up the timeline. Mason was born at the end of July on the 29th. It is now three months later which puts us towards the end of October now. So, it's been little over a year since Rose met Tae. Also, bold is English in this chapter to indicate a difference.

It has been about three months now, and Mason has become pretty independent from me. He has begun sitting up and eating more varied foods. I have also managed to find a good daycare for the days my mom can't watch him close to my work. Although it was a bit disheartening to not get to spend the whole day with my son, I knew I needed to get back to work.

Putting on my bracelet, I step back to take a look at my reflection. Nodding in approval, I smooth down my burgundy colored sweater dress with long sleeves. Turning around, I start to gather my purse, materials for the day, and check the baby bag to see if everything is prepared. Grabbing Mason from his swing, and put him in his carrier. Exiting the house, I balance all my bags and make it out to my car in the driveway. Once I situate Mason in his car seat, I hop in and start the car.

Turning on the radio, I listen to the entertainment news channel as I head into the city.

"Wow did you hear who they have performing at AMA's Trisha?"

"Yes! I am so looking forward to Demi's performance Eric. Who are you excited about seeing?"

"I am excited to see quite a few notorious artists, but what I think I am most looking forward is to the international group that will be performing."

"What were they called again? BT—" cutting the engine, I have pulled up to Mason's daycare which is about five blocks away from my office building. Pulling him out, I see him staring around him in wonder with a blank expression on his face. I giggle because already this kid is curious about the world. Opening the brightly colored door, I am greeted by the receptionist. Giving Mason a bunch of kisses, I leave him with his care-taker who promises to call me for hourly updates.

Arriving to work, I have a heavy heart. I'm glad to be back to what I enjoy but this is the first time I spent so much time apart that my heart feels like it is being ripped in two.

Sighing heavily in dejection, I plop down into my leather office chair and power on my computer. Despite being on maternity leave, I still did work for the company at home so thankfully I am not too behind. Right now, my international team has been trying to work alongside a group for a photo shoot. They have also been invited to the upcoming AMA's as well as some other artists we work with. Although we still have time before the awards show, there is a lot of work to still be done.

Looking through my emails, I am about to phone for my assistant to go over scheduling when I get a phone call. Confused about why they were calling at this hour, I swipe to answer, putting my phone to my ear.

"Hello? Lee? Isn't it like, in the middle of the night there?" I asked confused.

"Uhhh yeah...it is the middle of the night there, isn't it?" Lee sounds nervous and I scrunch up my eyebrows as I turn to face the window behind me.

"Which is why I am confused?" I question.

"Well I am on a business trip right now..." Lee trails off, I can tell he is hiding something.

"A business trip? Where?" I question as I fiddle with the ends of my scarf.

"Actually, I am in the states, specifically..." My eyes widen as I hear where he is at. He is literally staying in my city right now.

"What?!" I yell into the phone as I stand up "Since when? Where are you staying?" I rapid-fire questions at him.

"Uh I have been here for a few days, and over at the Marriott" I hear voices in the background speaking.

"What business brought you here?" I ask in curiosity. The Marriott was not that far from the building, maybe a minute or two drive from here.

"Uhh for a contract we have with a company here." He sounds nervous once again.

"A contract? With which group?" Lee worked with several groups from BigHit, I was curious to who got big enough to receive a contract from the states.

"Oh that doesn't matter at the moment, what matters is that—I—uh can come meet little Mason!" he seems to trip over his words, but it is true he can finally meet my son.

"That is important! I would love for you to meet him. When are you free?" I turn back around to take a look at my calendar.

"Well tonight would be best as we—I mean I—just arrived so my schedule is pretty open right now, but can change by tomorrow" he once again seems to be struggling with his words.

"Tonight would be great! I get done fairly early" I comment as I look over my schedule for today. It seems my assistant has kept my schedule pretty light this week besides for the contract deal we have going on.

"So tonight? Great! Just text me your address and I will see you later" I miss this easily excitable guy and I can't wait to see him tonight. I also can't wait for him to meet my son.

"See you tonight!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee's POV

Clicking off the phone, I put it down and let a smile spread across my face. Although I do feel a little guilty for lying to her, I also am excited to see her again, and her new addition.

"Uncle Lee, has a nice ring to it" I muse out loud as I turn around but immediately let out a scream and hold my heart.

"Kim Taehyung! What on earth are you doing sneaking up on me! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I am so close to smacking this idiot for scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Sorry Lee, but...was that Rose" a flash of pain crosses his face, I feel marginally bad, but I need to remind myself that he put himself in this position.

"As I have told you before, you don't get to talk about Rose unless you are ready to do something about it," I put my hands on my hips to show that I am standing my ground.

"I know Lee, but I just want to see her again. I need to see her again" He pleads with me, and my heart twinges at his tone.

"Tae...unless you are ready to take responsibility, I can't let you see her, you will only cause her undo pain, both of you pain" I use a gentler voice.

"Please it's not just about seeing her, I also want to see...the baby" When he says baby, his voice drops lower and he holds his chest.

"You want to meet your baby?" He wants to see his baby, this is starting to look like progress.

"Yes, I want to meet them, I need to meet them" his voice cracks. Taking a step forward, I put a hand on his shoulder as I make a decision that I hope I won't regret.

"Tonight, I am meeting them both, come with me" Tae just looks at me with big eyes as he nods silently. Maybe by bringing him, Rose and Tae will finally get what they want. The reconciliation that can heal their broken hearts.

I just only hope that Rose won't be too upset with me and refuse to speak to me after this. That she is willing to talk with Tae...

Author: please don't hate me for this cliffhanger! A lot of emotional whirlwinds are coming up and I am trying to prepare my heart for it all. Ahhh I want to get going on the next chapter, but I need to update my other works first!

Like~Favorite~Follow

Purely Fanfiction