Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Walking along the street, there wasn't too many people around and the air felt crisp as it blew past my cheeks and brush through my hair. It was a crazy day, and I would have never imagined that Tae would be part of the idol group that I worked with. I never imagined that after I told him who I was, why he didn't stop it right then and there. I'm sure he knew that us being on such friendly terms could get me in trouble at my job, not to mention the backlash from his fans. I've seen some of the crazy things fans can do, it was one of the things the company preps you for. It was all just so crazy.

The walk only takes about 15 minutes to reach my apartment, the walk takes me past the park we first met at. I stop and turn to look at the park's entrance, remembering our chance meeting, how I stupidly talked to him without even thinking of stranger danger. I guess this is my punishment for not being careful, punishment for going outside of my norm, my set parameters on befriending random people. I stare into the dark of the park, a lone park lamp glowing down onto the bench; the bench I sat on that day I met him. My legs start to move on its own and enter the park, heading directly towards the bench under the maple tree. I sit down and stare up at the branches overhead, the lamp giving the trees branches a warm glow and between the gaps, I can see the twinkle of stars. I felt at peace after a long stressful day, closing my eyes, I listen to the cars as they rush pass and the quiet hum of voices far off.

Crunch, crunch, crunch. Steps are walking towards me in the dark.

Quickly, I snap my eyes open and sit up to look around. I cannot see past the light from the lamp, my heart is slamming against my ribs. I knew it! Karma is coming for me, it coming for me, for going outside of what is sensible. A stranger was going to attack me, I can already see the headlines: young woman found dead, shouldn't have flirted with her coworker, killed by a stranger and deserved it. I was going to die and...

"Ro?" a voice comes from the dark.

"Tae? Is that you?" I ask and he steps forward under the lamp. He was wearing the weird looking panda hat and too large of sunglasses. I start to realize that he was trying to be inconspicuous looking and was failing hard at it. If anything, he would gain more attention with his disguise.

He takes off his sunglasses and looks at me sheepishly "Hey... can we talk?"

I don't know what to say, we shouldn't be here together, alone. What happens if someone walks past and recognizes him? What if I get fired? All these what ifs were flying around my head that I didn't answer and kept staring into his big brown eyes. He takes my silence as a yes and comes around to sit next to me on the bench, he crosses his legs and bounces his foot on his knee.

"Sooooo, I guess I should apologize" he sighs and looks away from my face

"Probably but it won't change anything..." I also look away to the side.

"What, why not? We can still be friends" when I don't answer right away, he looks back at me in shock and puts his hand on my shoulder to make me look at him. I shrug off his hands and try to scoot away from him farther. I look at him but don't make eye contact.

"We can't be anything but coworkers, I don't want to get fired and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about us..." I trail off.

"Nobody will get the wrong idea! We can still be friends!" he grabs my shoulders and forces eye contact.

I look away and shove his hands off and stand, putting more room in-between us.

"Look Tae, it was fun, but I don't want any misunderstandings" I take a deep breath and started to walk away "Goodbye Taehyung-shi"

"Wait!" He grabs my hand and stops me "please, I don't want to act like we don't know each other, I want to stay friends..."

"Taehyung-shi we—"

"Stop, please, don't call me that" He tightens his hand on mine "please, don't stop being my friend" His voice is so sad and compelling, it tugs at the damn string in my heart, causing me to face him fully and look into his sad brown eyes. That expression killed me inside, it made me feel so guilty.

"Tae, please don't" I plead and pull my hand away, I knew that if he kept at it, I would eventually crack and agree to anything he wants. He steps forward and enfolds me in his arms, Damn...

"Please don't go Ro, let's stay friends..." finally I nod, I just couldn't say no to him. Something about him made me want to always be near him.

He pulls away and smiles a big hopeful smile "we can stay friends?"

"Yes, we can still stay friends" I look away in anger.

"YES!" Tae starts to dance around me in excitement and keeps pushing my shoulder.

"BUT! We can only be friends outside of work" I tell him, holding up a finger. He stops and looks like he considers my words then nods in contentment. He starts to pull me out of the park, saying we should get something to eat to celebrate and excitedly tells me about this good restaurant with a really nice old lady. All I could think was: Dammit what did I get myself into now?...

That night, I finally arrive to my apartment, after having to shoo away Tae after we went out to eat. Closing the door, I hear whining/meowing coming from my new roommates. Giving them food in the kitchen, I slide down to the floor and watch them happily eat away.

"you guys wont guess what kind of trouble I got into today" my puppy looks at me in confusion, his big brown eyes reminding me of a certain someone, I decided that the puppy will be named V and the kitten, whom reminded me of a certain mischievous member, so I decided to named him cookie.