Chapter 19 - Edited Once

Julian

(Edited Once)

I looked at the wolves in front of us. It was not the damn time for this. She was my priority.

'They are not Rouges,' Peter stated, and I felt him enter defensive mode. I did not blame him. We did not know if they were friendly or not.

'We have to protect Stella,' I announced, and Peter howled. They would not touch her.

"What should we do?" Stella's question broke my conversation with Peter.

I looked at her worried eyes, then I cupped her small soft face in my rather large hands. "Don't worry. If you see me acting weird, please don't panic. I'll protect you. Please don't hate me after this, okay?" I rubbed her cheeks with my thumps, and she was so confused yet nodded without saying a word.

How much I adore her!

As I wanted to get out of the Jeep, ready to crack this shit, she grabbed my shirt. "Can't we just turn back?" she whispered, fearing they would make a sudden move.

"No, there are a lot of them and they'll follow us. I don't want to put anyone else in danger. I'll just handle them all. Have faith in me," I explained with pleading eyes.

"Do you speak wolf or something?" She joked, but my serious expression told her that I was not in the mood for jokes. "Fine, okay. I believe in you, Julian, but please stay safe and don't get too close!" She gave me a quick kiss on my cheek, which sent sparks through my whole body. For a human, she was bold, and I loved it. I smiled and then got out of the Jeep.

'Let me do the talking,' Peter suggested, and I agreed. Wolves could make contact with each other even if I was in my human form, which was good because I was trying my best not to shift in front of Stella. It would scare the shit out of her. She would probably run away from me.

'Who are you? And what do you want?' Peter asked them, and one of the big black wolves stepped forward. He had a strong aura, but he was not an alpha, that was for sure. He was more of a warrior or leader.

'You don't have to know us, but we need your mate over there,' he responded, and I growled with fury at the mention of my Stella.

No one touches a single hair from hers. Glancing at her is a sin, and they will pay for it.

'You will not lay a finger on her. I'll ask you again, and you better answer before I lose it... Who are you? ' Peter spat. I felt like I was on fire from my building rage. I needed to shift.

'I'll say that again. You don't need to know, we just came here to take her with us. Now move,' the black wolf replied and started walking towards Stella's side. I looked at her and saw fear, trepidation, and fright. They must have been dropped on their heads when they were born to think that they could take a Luna away from her Alpha. 

Over my dead body.

I stepped in front of him and blocked his way, and when he tried to pass me, I did not let him. 'We need to shift,' Peter ordered, and I thought about it for a second. Stella would hate me for sure, but I could not risk her safety. She was my angel whom I could not lose. She was my missing piece all these years, my everything. I would not let anyone lay a hand on her. 

She was mine, and no one would take her away from me.

'Shift.' That was all it took for Peter to transform. Bone cracks were heard, and loud howls became more audible. Shifting did not hurt, but it still looked frightening to humans. I looked at Stella from the corner of my eye and saw her jaw drop and her eyes wide open. Her hands went to her forehead to check if she had a fever or something, and I felt a bang in my chest. Her tears fell out of her glassy gray eyes, and I hated myself.

My heart was aching from the agony of seeing her cry because of me. She was scared. No, she was terrified. Of me.

I could not look at her any longer, so I turned my gaze to the now average-sized wolves. Being an alpha meant having a larger body shape and size and more authority. Alphas were much more powerful than normal wolves. I was stronger than the stronger warrior. 

I went through intensive training during the two years I spent without my mate because I needed to distract myself. 

I growled really loud, causing most wolves to back down a little and whimper. Alpha blood affects them.'Stay back,' I yelled, but they found their courage and growled back at me. I did not budge. They sounded like puppies.

The black wolf decided to be the pioneer and attack first. He aimed for my neck since it was the most vulnerable part of a wolf, but I dodged him. He fell on the ground behind me with a loud thud. He must have broken a leg since he fell on a rock in an odd position. 

Before he could stand on all four and fight like a real warrior, I heard Stella shouting.

"Julian, behind you." She pointed, and I looked behind me to see three wolves jumping on my back. They were heavy, but that did not stop me from taking them down. I rolled with them until two out of the three released me,  but the last one was so stubborn and young. I think he was fifteen or so. I did not want to hurt him, so I just shoved him off of me.

I looked around me and saw six to seven more wolves preparing to attack. I just kept on beating them up without killing anyone. They were young and forced to fight because of their Alpha's commands, whom I would kill. They could not go against his orders, and I understood.

They were not that strong, so I took them all down after a short while of fighting. I looked around me and found no wolf standing. They were either on the floor, or they ran to their pack. I shifted back and grabbed clothes that were in the trunk. I got into the Jeep and started the engine without saying a word to Stella, who was staring at me like I was some creep.

'Well, you just shifted in front of her. Of course, she'd find you creep.' Peter found that it was the perfect time to comment. I ignored him and drove off to my own house. Not the pack house. It was crowded, and I was done. Stella was staying in the pack's house, not mine, to adjust. I hoped she did.

It was time for me to speak with her properly about our kind. I hoped she could handle the facts because, from the looks of it, she looked like she was about to faint.

Wait... She fainted.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello lovely readers ☆

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment ♛

I just wanted to thank you all for reading this book and voting and commenting,I really appreciate it, and it means the world to me. Thank you ♡