Prologue

Hanji's POV

"Come on Hanji! Seriously? He's like the 10th guy you have rejected! When are you gonna get yourself a man?! Aarrgghh!" Nanaba paced back and forth in front of me while I was waiting for a bus. She's upset, there's no doubt about that. I just ruined her plans of finding me a man.

I let out a small laugh making her glare at me. "And where the hell is Mike!?"

"Easy Nanaba" I said chuckling "I told you already didn't I? That I don't need a man in my life" I said as I take my glasses off and cleaned it. Its my own way of diverting my attention from Nanaba's rants. "So don't set me up on dates ever again" I told her as I wore my glasses again. 

"But Hanji... You're the only one in the group who is still unmarried. And I'm sure you're aware of that"

"Yep" I said, popping the "p".

"Then you're also aware that you're in a tight spot aren't you? In a few years from now, you'll reach thirty" She told me while raising an eyebrow. I narrowed my eyes, looking at her as if saying "I-don't-care". Nanaba rolled her eyes.

Nanaba was about to say something again when fortunately, the bus arrived. As the door opened I immediately dashed in it. But before I went fully, I looked at Nanaba first who let out a defeated sigh. She looks at me worried while I just smiled.

"Don't worry Nanaba! Someday I'm gonna find my own man" I told her and I saw her face lit. "And that's gonna happen when snow falls in June!" I said as I laughed while entering the bus. I sat near the window and found Nanaba rubbing her temples.

I feel sorry for Nanaba cause I know that she's already tired of doing everything for the sake of finding myself a man. But I'm serious with what I just said. I don't want to enter a relationship and settle with a guy. I'm happy and satisfied with what I have currently and I think that a guy entering the picture will just ruin everything.

Levi's POV

I sighed as I put my wallet back inside my bag. I don't have enough money to last me for a week. I don't have a job and I don't have anyone to go to. All that I have right now is a backpack of clothes and a box full of my stuffs.

I leaned my head back while sitting at a park bench, looking at the sky. How come that the sky looks so bright and light while I'm in here feeling thousands of things weighed upon my shoulders. Am I that hopeless? Even the sky is mocking me.

I closed my eyes. "Life sucks" I said. As I opened it, I saw someone so familiar from a distance. "Shit" I cursed as I immediately stood up and grab my things. I ran out of the central park and hid at a nearby convenience store. Then I settled myself in a table that is quite hidden and unnoticeable.

What kind of luck do I have that I fail to find a job, that I gain no money, that I have nowhere else to go, and that I just saw my ex girlfriend earlier, several meters from me. Am I this misfortunate?

I pinch the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes tightly. This makes my head hurt.

Then I heard the notification sound of my phone. I opened my eyes as I scooped it out of my pocket.

"What is it this time?" I irritatedly unlocked it but instead of getting more annoyed, a small grin appeared from my face.

Low priced apartments for rent.

Looks like for the first time today, something good finally happened.