Chapter 25: Free

Levi's POV

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!!"

A loud shout jolted me up. I immediately got up from my bed, facing the crazy woman at my side who just freakin' screamed at my ears.

"What do you want?!" I half yelled at her while rubbing my right ear. The four eyes laughed.

"It is already 5:30 am! Get your pretty ass off the bed now or you'll be late for work" She said and then she stood up. Hanji was actually kneeling at the floor earlier when she woke me up.

"My first class is at 8 am. It is still too early" I yawned and wrapped the blanket on me. I was up late last night because I just finished checking the essays of my students. And Hanji waking me up this early is not really a great idea.

"Come on chibi" Shitty glasses pulled the edge of my blankets "Let's go and jog! Weren't you even used to waking up this early?" She said, taking my blankets off completely making me groan.

She was actually right. I used to wake up at this time of the morning to jog and prepare us our breakfast. But eversince I started working in a local high school, I became too busy to even do those. It takes me a while to check the works of my students because unlike the previous college undergraduates that I once facilitated, their skills are still raw in making literatures and writings. This is why I also hate teaching at secondary level schools. It takes too much dedication and the high school students are such a pain in the ass since they are all going thru puberty.

I let out a breath and grabbed my warm up hoodies at the side. "Let's go" I said in a bored tone but her eyes still sparkled in excitement. Hanji nodded a few times as I went off my bed.

I got out of my room afterwards, walking to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water. Hanji was following me behind blabbering about how excited she is with our first jog together and how we should do this more often. I didn't bother to answer any of her comments for 2 reasons: one, since I don't have to energy to even mutter a word and second, to cut the conversation short. So instead of answering her satirically, I just poured an amount of water on my glass and gulped it down. I need to stay hydrated before I ran after all.

"Levi~" Hanji whined "You are taking too long" She said pulling me by my hood. I rolled my eyes and walked past her, towards the shoe rack where I grabbed my rubber shoes. Hanji was making excited sounds while I put it on and honestly, eventhough I got up a bit pissed off because of how she woke me up, seeing her this anticipated to spend time for a jog with me just made me want to smile. But being the same old Levi who can't even contract his face muscles to form a smile, I put on a blank face and just continued tying my shoe laces.

I stood up after I put my rubber shoes on and faced the woman in front of me who is grinning in excitement.

"Come on" I said, patting her shoulder. Hanji smiled widely, almost imitating the expression of a kid who just got praised by her parent.

"Okay!" She nodded a lot of times, following me when I started walking a distance from the apartment. After I have warmed up my body from a series of brisk walking and stretching, I started jogging with Hanji behind me.

We finished one lap around the central park and it seemed like she was having fun for she was even humming a song. She occasionally makes comment around us too like how the newspaper guy looks so done with himself as he scowl while dusting off the papers in his stall, and how the old lady who is walking her dog looks so good despite her age. Eventhough Hanji was very loud that it makes me want to kick her back to the house, I don't know but I am having fun with her accompanying me while I do my usual exercise. I just realized that this feels better than having to do it alone.