Chapter 20: Truth

Hanji's POV

"We'll have 2 orders of chicken quesadillas, tomatillo glazed baby back ribs, red chile short ribs tacos, churros in coconut sauce and......." My pregnant bestfriend turned her body towards me "What would you like for you and Levi?" She asked.

My eyes widened. "I thought that we are already included in that?"

Nanaba shook her head. "Nope. That was for Mike and me only" She said. I looked at her husband exasperatingly.

"Nanaba" Her husband tapped her shoulder "I think that we already ordered enough" He said but her wife just frowned facing the cashier once again.

"Add an order of Mexican flan for dessert please" She said and the cashier nodded. I looked at her in disbelief.

Do pregnant women realky eat this much? Or is it just Nanaba who does?

I turned my body, unaware of the person in front of me holding a tray of food. We accidentally bumped to each other, his food spoiling the bottom part of my shirt. Nanaba gasped while I just flinced in shock.

"I-I'm sorry" the boy who seemed to be on his teens said as tried to wipe the soiled part of my shirt.

"No it is fine" I said laughing. "I'll just clean it myself. Sorry for your food tho"

The guy shook his head. "It is fine also. I can just buy you a shirt miss" He suggested.

"You don't have to" I said. Behind him I saw a girl, who seemed to be the same age as the guy, looking at us worriedly. My lips curled into a small smile.

"I don't have much but I think it will be enough for a shirt. I am really sorry" He said, handing a few bills towards me. His palms were open, exhibiting the bills above it but I just held his hand, closing it along with the money inside

"I told you that you don't have to. Go back to your date tho. She seems worried" I said winking afterwards. He flinched and looked behind him where the girl has been observing us for a while. The guy then turned his head towards me again, blushing a little.

"A-alright. Sorry again ma'am" He said running off towards the girl. When he arrived at her, the girl immediately extended her hand on his arms while asking a question to him. He just smiled and shook his head a little as they settled in their seats. A waiter then approached them, holding a new tray of food which they both started eating.

It is funny to see young people nowadays going on dates like them cause when I was their age, I never had a chance to do that. It was always my books and research papers that got me busy.

"Hey" A hand tapped my shoulder. I looked behind, seeing Nanaba's worried expression. "You sure that you are okay? Your shirt looks like a mess" She asked me. I replied a huge grin.

"Yep! I'll just go find a bathroom to clean this up" I said running off from the food hall.

I went at the bathroom near the lobby but a sign saying "under maintenance" was posted on its door thus, I continued my walk till I reached the other wing of the aquarium. I reached the bathroom after a few more steps and to my relief, it isn't as crowded as I expected. I moved towards the sink, opening the faucet to fetch some water that I will use to clean my shirt. Once I have made my shirt damp, I grabbed a paper towel from the side of the sink which I used to wipe the stain. The sight made me groan when the stain didn't even fade a bit.

"What is up with this shirt?" I said in annoyance as I continued to scrub it. But no matter how much I did, the stain didn't go away so I just gave up and went out of the bathroom.