Chapter 28: Gift

Levi's POV

I frowned at the numerous eye blinding designs of wrist watches in front of me. Its accessories varies from stone filled ones to neon colored straps, and it didn't end there for digital and analog ones are also part of the choices. Up until now, I haven't seen anything that screams Hanji or shitty glasses yet so I am now a standing piece of annoyed shit who is being accompanied by his former colleague. To be honest, I am not really the type to make an effort or even squander my money for gifts. But since my girlfriend's hormonal bestfriend has reprimanded me a week ago, I have no other choice but to spend an hour in the mall to fetch Hanji a present. Cause damn it, the date is already september 5 and yes, my girlfriend is having her birthday today.

Flashback

As I typed my next couple of lessons in my laptop, my phone suddenly started vibrating on top of my desk. My fingers stopped tapping on the keyboard while I leaned my back on my swivel chair and reach for my mobile. The caller's id flashed Nanaba's name making my eyebrows meet in confusion. It is Hanji who she always sends a call to so it is quite unusual to receive one from her.

I pressed the answer button and then I placed my phone beside my ear.

"Hey Levi!" Nanaba greeted me. "What do you think looks more pretty? Beige or moss green?" She asked afterwards which made my face scrunched in a more severe frown. I can clearly see how Hanji and her got along. They are both too random and annoying.

"I'll hang up now" I said and I was about to press the button when Nanaba screamed from the other line.

"WAIT!" She said, stopping me. "This is an important matter. You have to answer me this instant"

I heaved a sigh and placed the phone back to my ear. "What is that for anyway?" I asked. Nanaba chuckled.

"Its a present for Hanji. I am planning to order a handbag online but I can't choose which color would suit her more. So which do you think it is?" She told me while I just placed my hand on my temple. I rubbed my forehead as I answered in a bored tone.

"Moss green"

I heard a few tapping sound on the other line before Nanaba talked again. "Thanks! I already ordered the beige one" She said and I let out an exasperating breath. Why on Earth did she even asked me?

I rolled my eyes before I answered her. "If you don't have anything to say, I'll hang up now"

"WAIT!" Nanaba yelled, once again stopping me from my attempt to shut down the call. I pulled the phone away from my ear since her voice has been making me deaf already. Seriously, if this isn't Hanji's bestfriend or Mike's wife, I would have cursed her already.

"What now?" I asked irritatingly. I am getting more pissed off with every second that pass as this woman talk to me.

"What's your plan?" Nanaba said from the other line. My eyebrows met in confusion as I answered her.

"What plan?"

I heard Nanaba gasp. "Don't tell me that you don't know about it?!" She literally screamed at the phone, making me hiss. "It is your girlfriend's birthday next week you damn chibi! What kind of boyfriend are you? You don't even know the day when Hanji was born" She said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Failing to hold off my last buttons, I answered Nanaba with an annoyed tone. "Ask your husband who marks your anniversary on his phone calendar"

"Huh?!?!" She hissed from the other line. I can imagine her gritting her teeth right now and the thought of her getting equally pissed off as me has made me a bit satisfied.