Chapter 24: Confrontation

Hanji's POV

Music blasted in every corner of the room while the waitresses of the diner glided through the floor, with trays and thicklers in their hands. The people present in the diner were all enjoying their meal as the greasy yet satisfying scent of deep fried foods emanated in the place. Everyone were clearly enjoying their time yet me and Petra are just sitting across each other for almost 5 minutes already, with no obvious progress in our conversation. Eversince we had our orders taken, Petra never said a word to me as she just stared at the glass window. I, on the other hand, just played with my drink, rolling the straw across the ice cubes of my cola as if doing it will magically change the composition of the beverage. For a couple of minutes, none of us tried to dive into the topic which we obviously want to tackle since we are both unsure of what words are appropriate to say. Petra is probably being skeptical right now with Levi and mine's relationship while I am obviously jealous of the connection which she and that chibi once had. We have our own kind of issue with regards to that subject and right now, it is the clean freak which I want to blame. How could he be too adorable to attract a damsel (obviously Petra) and a misfit (me) to the point that it resulted to some kind of confrontation? As far as I can remember, scenes like these are only present in the movies.

I sighed, letting go of the straw as I leaned my back on the chair. I don't know if Petra invited me for a talk or if I was just mistaken because it was actually a silence party.

"Hi! Good evening!" My whole body flinched when a waitress suddenly appeared at the side of our table. She was smiling at us widely, her face shining from the mix of oils and the makeup she has on, but it didn't became a reason for her to be unpleasant. "We got your hashbrowns, eggrolls, and 2 donut burgers ready! Enjoy your meal!" She said in high energy after she placed the tray in our table. My mouth immediately watered from the sight in front of me but trying to work out with my manners, I held myself back. I waited till Petra got her burger and egg rolls before I indulged myself with my own meal. I bit a portion off my burger, moaning a little as the soft but crisp texture of donut complemented the greasy patties. It is my first time to pig out with deep fried foods again because eversince Levi lived with me, he has always been preparing a well-balanced food. What would you expect? He is far too organized, even with his meals.

As I enjoyed my food, I heard a soft chuckle in front of me. That is when I realized that Petra is slightly laughing in front of me. With a huge chunk of donut burger in my mouth, I faced her and tilted my head a little.

"You eat like a kid" She chuckled a little. "If Levi is with us, he is probably killing you by his glares by now" Petra said as she carefully sliced her burger with the use of the table knife and fork which were provided on the tray. On my case tho, the utensils were left untouched as I decided to eat my burger by hand.

I swallowed the food in my mouth before I placed the burger back on its plate. "He sees me eating in this manner everyday" I said, reaching for the table napkin in order to wipe my greasy hand. "And there is never a moment that he does not curse on me or call me shit. Trsut me" I laughed a little as I finished wiping the ends of my fingers. "But it does not bother me tho. Since I already got used to his cussing and jargons"

Petra looked at me curiously. Then she dropped the question which I have been really afraid to answer till now.

"Are you two together?" She asked me, dropping her fork and knife gently on the plate. Petra placed her elbows on the surface of the table and then she put her head above her hands as she observed me. I got a bit more anxious to answer.

"Well.... Yes?.... Oh wait I mean No" I faked laugh. "It is actually a bit complicated right now but I'm working on it"

Petra smiled sadly. "I'm really sorry about what happened in the aquarium" She started "I got too carried away when I saw Levi that I threw myself immediately on him. I hurt both yours and Oluo's feelings because of it" She let out a breath "I admit that deep inside, I still have this kind of desire to be with him again. But things won't work out in the same manner as it did before. Not when Levi's image of us was already bended, and when he has clearly found somebody else" Petra looked at me directly in the eyes and then I felt myself blush.