Chapter 4: Deal

Hanji's POV

My computer is open in front of me with an empty microsoft word in the screen. My elbows rest in the table as I have my hands intertwined, and my head placed above it. The blinking cursor in front of me seems to make me relax as I think about the guy in my apartment again.

To be honest, there are hundreds of thoughts that circles inside my head right now. Most of it points out on me calling the police cause I just let an unknown guy rest in my place where most of my stuffs (and trash) are situated. I don't even know if I should go home tonight or rather spend it on Nanaba's due to what I just did earlier. But one things I'm sure of tho. I. Am. A. Fucking. Idiot. I am stressed because of the stupidity I did, of letting a stranger in my apartment as I go to work.

"Aaaaarrrggghh" I messed my already messy hair as I buried my head in my arms. Why did I even help him in the first place? When in fact, he broke into my home in the middle of the night? I raised my head a little and put my hands on either side of it. "Stupid! Stupid! Hanji!" I said, crashing my head on my desk in every word.

"Hey you okay?" I heard Moblit ask me. I faced hime with me hands still on my head and my forehead obviously red from what I just did earlier.

"Y-yeah. Of course" i faked a laugh as I untied my hair from its pony, only to tie it again in a more decent manner. I looked at the clock and notice that it is already 6 pm. Just an hour before my out. "Hey" I called out to Moblit. He hummed and looked at me as response. "Tell Erwin that I will go home early today" I told him and clicked my computer off. Moblit looked at me confused as I grabbed my coat and bag.

"What reason will I tell him?" He asked, looking at me as I collected my things from my table.

"Say that my stomach is going bad since morning and I have been throwing my dump in the girl's comfort room since then" I said and sped off from my office. That will do it, I guess?

The moment I got out of the building, I immediately called for a cab and told them my address. I also put the police number on hold, and Nanaba's on speed dial if ever things get a bit rough. I have to be cautious about this, especially because I'm at the lower end of the rope in this situation.

The taxi halted in front of my apartment. I took a deep breath before going out of it to face the stranger that I left inside. Countless scenarios plays inside my head making my hands go sweaty as I approached my apartment door. What if the inside of my apartment is already on fire? Or what if my apartment is already clean of its stuffs because the guy already sold them off? Or worst, what if when I opened my apartment door, that guy is already waiting by the side of the door with a kitchen knife in hand ready to slit my throat open?

Wait, the last one is definitely impossible cause he is so small that he could probably slash my chest instead of my throat.

I laughed a little at my thought but then immediately stopped when I realized that it would still hurt a lot. Damn Hanji. You're in a tight situation, aren't you?

I reached my apartment door but I didn't go inside of it. I don't know what lies in wait of me after all. Thus, I formulated a process of safely going inside of my apartment and kicking the chibi's butt out of it.

First, I'll kick the apartment door open, most probably startling the chibi of his spot. Then I remember clearly that I left a stack of books on the floor which I will use as a weapon to knock him unconcious. I'll throw my thickest book on him and while he's busy dodging it, I'll sneak an attack and trip his legs making him fall to the floor. I'll put my weight on him and turn him so his back is facing me and tie his hands with whatever I see around. After that, I'll call the police and have him arrested for trespassing!