Chapter 12: Tricked

Hanji's POV

What on Earth Hanji?! You just unconciously agreed when you thought that he was asking you on a date. What the hell is happening with you?!

"Uuugggghhhh" I lazily brought my head down to the desk as I thought about the happenings earlier this noon. When Levi said the phrase 'go out together' I impulsively agreed thinking that it was something else. I even forgot that the person asking me is a gay who previously had a boyfriend. "I can't do this anymore" I mumbled, burying my face on my shoulders.

"What can't you do anymore?" A deep voice said from behind making me immediately raise my head. I looked behind, instantly noticing the furrowed thick eyebrows of my boss.

"O-oy! Erwin!" I faked a laugh, turning my back at him. I started working myself with the papers placed at the side of my desk but I don't think Erwin buys that as my proof of being 'busy'

"How's the assignment?" He asked which made me freeze in place. Shit.

I turned my chair around so I'll be facing him. "It is in progress!" I said "just give us a few more weeks"

Erwin raised an eyebrow. "Let me remind you that the event will happen in 2 months. You haven't sent me any plans for your design, nor the materials and the budget you will need. I don't even know the person that you were asking for assistance"

I bit my lower lip, trying to think of an excuse. "Don't worry Erwin! It is my job and the company's name at stake. I won't fail this!" I laughed slightly, but Erwin's expression didn't change, even a little.

"Tomorrow. Send me your plans so I can finally present it to the Reiss" He turned his back at me "And for God's sake Hanji, fix yourself. You look like crap" Erwin said before he left my cubicle.

"It is my look everyday Erwin!" I yelled "Deal with it!"

Erwin just waved his hand, still having his back at me as he left our floor. I, on the other hand, started getting anxious again.

"Damn" I sighed and turned my chair back in front of my computer.

Levi's POV

"Finally" I sighed, immediately crashing at the couch as soon as I got inside the apartment. Aside from my stomach being full, my blood getting risk of diabetes from my meal earlier, and my feet being sore because of long walks, what made me really exhausted this afternoon is the continuous worry and thinking. It is a good thing that Nanaba and Mike agreed on keeping my secrets but eversince I talked with them, I have been feeling bothered.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head at the sofa, recalling the happenings at the Ben's.

*Flasback

I placed the cup of my black coffee back on the table after I took a bite off my pumpkin cheesecake. This is one of the famous sweets in this place so when Mike insisted on paying my bills, I didn't hesitate to treat myself with this. It didn't disappoint me tho because its creamy, sweet flavour blended nicely with my bold and bitter coffee. The only thing I worry right now is the horrifying amount of calories that this sweet has.

"By the way Levi" Mike, breaking me out of my thoughts "Do you have any plans on going back to the university?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do you even think of that as a question?" I replied, taking a sip from my cup. At the corner of my eye, I see Nanaba indulging herself with a huge glass of milkshake and a plate of burgers and fries. The way she eats it using her grease covered hand made me cringe.

"Well the director wants you back" Mike said making me look back at him. "He doesn't mind that 'thing' cause he said that he needs professors like you"