Chapter 16: Eventful Evening

Levi's POV

As we get inside, I felt Hanji’s body become more stiff. Her grasp on my arm become tighter also, thus I looked up to her face. Her cheeks are in deep shade of red and her lips are curled into a reluctant smile.

“You look like you want to take a shit” I told her, rolling my eyes. Hanji looked at me for a second before flashing her real smile.

“sorry” she muttered “I am never a fan of events like this” Hanji confessed, tripping a bit when she stepped I her heels up the small staircase in the hall. I immediately helped her regain her stance. Luckily, no one seemed to notice it.

We walked a bit more till we reach the table intended for the employees of the company (which I was included for tonight, according to Erwin). Moblit along with a couple more people sat in there.

“Hanji” Moblit said dreamily while looking at the four eyes beside me. Hanji let go of my arm, walking towards them.

“Hey!” she greeted them. A short girl with short straight hair and bangs walked towards her examining Hanji from head to toe.

“You look different Zoe” she said admiring her. “I barely recognized you if it wasn’t for your glasses”

Hanji smiled, gaining a little more confidence. “Thanks Nifa. You look lovely in your blue dress also”

Nifa, as the shitty glasses called her earlier, grinned widely before she did a quick twirl, boasting the detailed hem of her blue dress. “It looks cute, doesn’t it?” she asked. Hanji nodded in agreement.

As I stood a meter away from them, a smack at my shoulder made me hiss a little. I heard a short ‘oops’ accompanied by an apology after.
“Sorry” a tall guy in glasses said. He has a short blonde hair and a light stubble in his chin and cheekbones. He kinda looks familiar but I just can’t recall where I last saw him. I shot him a look which yells ‘back-off’ that made him surprise. “It is me Levi” he said pointing his finger towards himself. “Abel, one of Hanji’s workmates. We had a dinner one time with the other members of Hanji’s team when we were finalizing the plan for the event” he said and that is when I remembered that two awful hours I endured a few weeks prior to the event. Hanji’s team is as loud as her but definitely, they are talented and they know their jobs.

I nodded at him while he smiled, a bit embarrassed, sitting once again on his chair. That is when I once again overheard Hanji’s conversation with her other workmates.

“So who turned our four-eyed duckling into a swan?” a tall and large built guy, asked Hanji while placing his arms at her shoulder. The sight made me grit my teeth.

“All thanks to the wonderful hands of Lynne” Hanji said, laughing a little. “And don’t put your enormous arm on my shoulders Keiji” she said in a joking manner, removing Keiji’s arm. I smirked.

“If you look that way everyday, I wouldn’t have thought twice to invite you as my partner” a deep voice said from behind. I looked at it’s origin and saw Erwin walking with a tall and elegant looking brunette beside her. “No offense to Levi tho” He added. I frowned and muttered the word ‘what’ which was also coincidentally said by Hanji. Erwin laughed.

The brunette which walked alongside Erwin looked at Hanji and smiled. “You definitely look lovely Hanji” she said and the she winked after.

“Most of the credits goes to you Lynne” shitty glasses said, complimenting the woman in front of her.

“Well, my secretary and I will be leaving now. We still have a whole lot of people to greet” Erwin said, turning his back at us. Lynne waved her hand before joining Erwin, clasping her arm at his’.