Chapter 23: Challenge

Levi's POV

Hanji didn't waste a minute and then she crashed her lips on mine. It was a very straightforward and hesitant kiss but I really did feel each emotions that she wanted to give me. Gratitude, happiness, frustration and love. In just a couple of seconds, Hanji Zoe were able to deliver all of those on me and I can't help but feel too spellbounded that when she tried to loosen herself from me, I snaked my hands behind her head and deepened the kiss. I still don't know by myself if I feel the same way towards her but right now, I just want more of her. I just desire her presence and the love that she said which she has for me.

Hanji and mine's lips moved in sync and I never felt more perfect than I did in the past few months. As our lips connect and our mind became in unison, all that I think of is how precious this woman that I am holding right now. She is too good that eventhough I lied to her, she was still able to love me. That eventhough I took advantage of her, she still accepted me. Hanji is truly amazing in more than one way and I just can't bear to think if I really do deserve her.

I let go of shitty glass' head as she placed her forehead over mine. I looked at her directly in her eyes, feeling drowned from the hazel brown orbs that was staring back at me.

"I love you Levi" Hanji whispered and then a smile formed in her face. My whole body became light and warm as I felt my system become overwhelmed with too much emotions.

"Hanji.... I... I don't know what so say" I admitted and then I slightly moved my head down to hide my expression. "As much as possible, I don't want to lie especially with how I feel for you" I muttered, feeling my chest get heavier by each word that came out of my mouth. "I am sorry but I can't reply to that"

I was expecting that Hanji would atleast feel down or disappointed but her reaction was opposite to those. She chuckled and then reached for my hand. "I don't care" She said and then she held it. I raised my head to face her. "To be honest when I discovered that you were not a gay, it wasn't the fact that you lie which affected me the most" Hanji told me as her smile fell to a sad one. "It was actually Petra who made me so insecure. She was the type of woman which you previously dated and I don't think that I am similar to her even in atleast one manner" She laughed "I mean she's pretty, she works in the same field as you and your height matches" I frowned at her last statement.

"I actually decided to just give up on you" Hanji admitted and for a second, my heart stopped. I looked at her a bit surprise but she just showed me a warm smile. "But lets face it Levi. I can never do that. After what happened earlier, I don't think that I can ever give up on you. This is the first time that I felt different towards a man and I can't just let go of these feelings" She squeezed my hand "That is why I will just work hard. I'll try my best to make you see me more than just a shitty four eyes. I will make you fall for me to the point that it will be you who's gonna chase after me in the future" Hanji said with a determined face. As gay as it sounds but my heart just skipped a beat and my face formed a smile that I have never shown for years already. Hanji clearly looked surprised at my expression.