Chapter 18: Snow and June

Hanji's POV

12 noon. The apartment is quiet and only the ringing vibration of the electric fan is heard. I am on my tank top and shorts, hair in a bun and whole body feeling sticky from all the sweat that this hot time of the day gave me. This saturday feels definitely iritating and tiring but the thing that annoys me more is the chibi in front of me. I mean, WHY MUST HE BE GAY? Can't he just be a normal guy so things would be less complicated for me? I have already admitted that I like him after all but I cannot make any move when he doesn't even have a tinge of interest for me?

A sigh came out of my mouth. But technically speaking, you wouldn't really think that Levi is a gay because look at him. Even simply reading the papers look so hot and attracting. To be honest, those syllabus and learning outlines actually makes me feel jealous. Those shitty pieces of paper who did nothing but sit in his hands and table made him focus more than my previous silly attempts.

 Those shitty pieces of paper who did nothing but sit in his hands and table made him focus more than my previous silly attempts

Haist. God must have hated me for giving me such a one-sided romance.

I pouted, pulling my legs up the sofa, still staring at him. "Oy" I called his attention as I embraced my legs. But this freakin' clean freak ignored me. Ugh. I like him but he is getting on my nerves whenever he does that. "Oy chibi"

Levi put the papers down and threw me a glare. "What now?" He said groaning.

My head tilted a bit. "Are you sure that you're gay?" I asked. His eyes widened for a second. Levi then turned around and picked up the papers he was reading before, ignoring the question that I just asked. "Ooooy! Chibi!" I called. "Clean freak! Clipped hair! Bo-"

"DAMN IT YES!" He yelled in annoyance. Levi put his hands on his temple as he started reading again.

"But why?" I asked. 

"Cause I want to" Levi replied, not putting his attention away from his papers.

"Why do you want to?"

Levi frowned and turned towards me. "Do I really have to answer all your questions?" He asked, a hint of iritation in his voice. I shrugged my shoulders making him sigh.

A minute passed with none of us saying another word. But me, being a very annoying and curious human being, once again asked another question to the already mad chibi.

"Why can't you be a bi instead?" I slightly asked-suggested and for the nth time, Levi put the papers down and looked at me exasperatingly. "I mean, wouldn't it be better? You get to like both men and women! You'll have more choices!" I faked a laugh as soon as I realized how pathetic I sound. It looks obvious that I am trying to push him to also like women when in the first place, he said that he can never have any interest on them because of his sexuality. Damn it Hanji.

Another awkward silence fell between us.

I don't want to imagine what Levi is thinking about right now but it definitely involves how desperate I sound. And shit. Did that also made it seem obvious that I like him? Sure I admitted it to myself but I can't handle it yet when he discovers it. He'll definitely put a distance from me, hate me, or worst, leave me.