Chapter Forty

"What do you think of this one?" Jenny asks as twirling around the store in her navy blue lace, elegant, party dress.

"It looks fine" I roll my eyes, sitting on the store's sofa.

"You hate it" she places her hands on her hips.

"No Jenny-" I grit my teeth.

"Than why did you roll your eyes?" Jenny raises a brow.

"Because this is the two thousand dress that you have tried on-" I raise my voice in annoyance.

Honestly, this is why I hate shopping. Why can't people just buy what they need then leave?

"That's an exaggeration" she rolls her eyes.

"I tried on two" I cry as standing up "just two... And I've bought it and so I am ready to leave"

"But-" she starts.

"No buts" I exclaim "pick the red one"

"But-" Jenny protests.

"The red one!" I scream causing people around the store to stare at me.

"Okay okay," Jenny says as her cell phone began buzzing. I grab her cell from her purse that sat beside me "who is it?"

I glare at the name that flashes across the screen "Ned"

"I should probably get that" she raises a brow "he's acting so weird lately, you know"

"Weird how?" I ask.

"Very distant," she says simply as I stretch out my hand to give her the cell "I'll call him back later"

I nod as I drop her cell back into his purse. She then goes back into the changing room.

My feet are killing me, how do people shop so often?

Suddenly my cell begins buzzing. Is Ned calling me too? I grab my cell phone from my back pocket and check the caller ID. It's a private number. I furrow my brows before pressing the screen against my ear.

"Hello" I greet but no one responds "hello" I repeat but still no responds "dad?" I question then the call ends.

I'm not afraid of my father, I never have been. So why is it that I feel so afraid?

My eyes widen. My heart rate increases. He has my number. He's found me?

Suddenly my surroundings go completely silent as I grow dizzy. My breathing grows shorter before my eyes get heavy.

Bang

***

"Nice to see you again Miss Sanders" the doctor smiles with folded arms.

"What happened?" I cry, sitting myself up in the hospital bed.

How the hell did I end up here? I was just at the mall with Jenny.

"You collapsed at Bloomingdales" Raff folds his arms.

"You're kidding?" My eyes widen.

"No... I can't say I am" he sighs "it seems that you have low blood pressure...most likely caused by stress"

"I'm not under any stress" I argue.

I'm as cool as a fucking cucumber.

"Now Evangeline I thought that we were above lies at this point in our friendship" he smirks.

I love Raff. He knows how to make any situation less stressful.

"I'm fine doc honest" I assure him, "....did you end up calling Chris and Blake?"