Chapter Forty-One

Hi all,

The next few chapters are emotional, so I suggest preparing the tissues. I go into more depth about Ned's character, who I feel I haven't written too much about yet, as well as answering some of the questions about Evangeline's past.

Also, who is everybody's favourite character?

Please Vote and follow

Thank you

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

Chris pulls up to his street, to find the front gate open.

"What the hell?" I furrow my brows as we park the car in the driveway to find the front yard, and house crowded with drunk teenagers.

"He didn't" Chris clenches his jaw. "The fuckin idiot threw a party!"

Ned through a party? What about the baby? Shit where the hell is Cleo?

"What!" I cry as we jump out of the car "where's Cleo and his parents?"

"Good question" Chris clenches his jaw "I'm gonna check my apartment...can you find Ned?"

"Yeah of course" I nod as we go our separate ways.

Jesus Christ, is Ned insane? I enter the house quickly, pushing my way through the crowd, as the loud music blasts from the speakers.

I've never been inside Ned's house before, I've only ever seen the outside. It looks really nice, it kind of reminds me of Dr Wells' house in The Flash.

"Hey" a guy greets.

I turn around the face him. "What the hell is going on?" I question.

"Ned's throwing a party," Blake says simply as sipping from his red solo cup.

I roll my eyes "Yeah, I figured...where's Cleo?"

I swear if shes here alone with these drunk teenagers I'm actually going to kill someone. It will most likely be Ned.

"Ned's parents have her" Blake informs, "they're with Ned's brother and his wife"

Wait Ned have a brother? Since when?

That's when I realize that Ned is still a mystery to me.

"Right" I nod slowly "Where's Ned?"

I need to find him ASAP so I can kick his sorry ass.

"Haven't seen him" Blake yells over the loud music.

I nod before pushing my way up the stairs. I search my surroundings where I find only a few people scattered around the top floor - most with a drink in their hands.

I walk quickly towards the first door I spot. I push it open forcefully to find a couple kissing beside the bed. I shut the door immediately before entering the next room, to my right.

I that push the door open with an even greater force. It's then that I see Ned on the floor beside his nightstand. His knees pulled to his chest, and with a bottle of what seems to be scotch in his right hand.

Jesus Christ. He's upset about something. He's genuinely upset. I've never seen him like this. Ned is always the happy, energetic one. I wonder what has him down?

I shut the door slowly before walking towards him. His eyes meet my mine as I sit beside him. I pull my knees to my chest before glancing at him.

"What's going on?" I question slowly.