Chapter Forty-Four

Hi y'all,

Just letting you know that the first half of this chapter will be focusing on those in San Francisco (Chris, Sam, Jenny, Jason, Blake etc).

The second half will go back to Evangeline's point of view.

Please VOTE

Enjoy!

-------------------------------

"Where's Eva?" Jenny questions. "She's missing prom"

"Good question" Chris sighs.

"That's not funny," Sam says aggressively as they stand at the front doors of the gym.

"I think I freaked her out" Chris admits, looking down at his leather shoes.

"What did you do?" Blake questions as students push past them, heading towards the loud music.

"I told her that I loved her" Chris sighs, "she went to make us coffee and just never came back"

"Oh, dude" Ned sighs. "You two aren't even official yet"

Sam scoffs, unsurprised. He knew, despite Eva trying to convince him and herself that she had changed, nothing truely had — Sam was fully aware that Eva's deepest flaw was her struggle to knock down the walls that surrounded her shattered heart. The trauma gifted to Evangeline by her parents and sister had left scars so vigorous that it meant Eva didn't respond to hearing those three little words like other people would. Instead of allowing herself to feel the same way — she runs. After all, that's exactly what she had done to Sam.

"So she pulled an Angel" Sam mutters.

"I'm sure she'll call you tomorrow," Blake says.

"Till then how about we enjoy prom" Jenny smiles.

***

"She's not answering her phone" Chris cries the next day.

"Maybe if I call her-" Blake offers as they stand around the kitchen.

"Don't bother her phones off" Chris informs as picking up his daughter. "Has been for two days"

"We could call her brother?" Ned suggests.

Suddenly Chris's cell phone began buzzing from his pocket.

"Hello?" Chris presses his cell against his ear.

"Have you seen Angel? Her phones off" Sam asks in a concerned tone.

"Who?" Chris blinks in confusion.

"Eva" Sam corrects himself.

Chris widens his eyes, "wait you haven't seen her either?"

"She's not with you? I just got off the phone with Jason and he hasn't seen her for two days" Sam cries in fear.

"She slept over two nights ago...went to make coffee and just never came back" Chris explains.

"So nobody has seen her for two days?" Sam realizes.

"You don't think something has happened, do you?"

"I don't think" Sam sighs "I know...look, meet me at Eva's house in an hour"

***

"That son of a bitch!" Jason cusses.

"We need to all stay calm," Jenny says.

Laura gasps, wrapping her arms around Jason. "He's got her, he's got her"

"How dangerous is he?" Chris asks.