Chapter Forty-Nine

"So than she kept going on and on about something that I didn't care about but of course being the nice person that I am, I just kept agreeing with her" Jenny starts as we walk down the hallway "don't you just hate it when people just go on and on like that?"

"Kinda like what you're doing now" I point out.

"I mean in an annoying way"

Suddenly a random guy approaches me. He was tall, dark, and handsome. He smiles before giving me a flyer.

"See you than," he says before leaving my sight.

"What is it?" Jenny questions as I look down at the flyer.

"House party" I inform as reading the flyer that had the words 'house party', written in bold letters with the date, time, and address written in the corner of the bright yellow flyer.

"We should go"

"You hate house parties" I point out "almost as much as I do"

"Come on it'll be fun!" Jenny cheers "we're in college now, this is what college students do"

"Look you can go, as long as you don't drag me with you" I fold my arms in disapproval.

***

"How the fuck did I get dragged into this?" I cry over the loud music.

"I begged" Jenny smirks as we walk through the crowd of people at the house party that night.

"Does Chris know we're here?" I glance at her.

"What you didn't tell him?" She cocked a brow.

"Why would I?" I shrug "He hates parties"

Jenny knows that better than anyone. He never attends parties and the ones that he does, he's always upstairs on his God damn phone.

"But he's your boyfriend"

"So?" I narrow my eyes.

"Right I'm gonna go play beer pong," she says before fleeing.

She cannot force me to come than ditch me.

I roll my eyes as making my way to a table where I find cans of beers.

I glare at the beer in temptation. I haven't consumed alcohol since the night that I was arrested, two and a half years ago.

When I used to drink, I never knew when to stop. Things got worse when I began doing drugs.

Chris never drinks at parties because of his daughter. I never drink because I have a history of getting myself into trouble when I do.

I wrap my hand around the can of beer before taking a deep breath. I take a sip of the beer. One can turn into two, two turns into a six-pack.

"Don't ya have anythin' stronger!" I cry over the loud music to one of the guys drinking god knows what out of their red solo cup.

After my six beers, I'm only somewhat drunk.

"How do feel about jello shots?" He smiles.

"My favourite" I smile back causing him to walk me to the kitchen where I find many people doing jello shots.

I immediately take one after the other. Adding up to about three or four.

"Slow down there," one of the guys tell me.

"Why you want some?" I slur my speech.

"I don't want you to die in your sleep from consuming too much of this shit" he admits.